• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Grudge Match, a dark documentary

Good stuff. Funny concept. I laughed when the patients/rivals appeared.

I think I would have split a gut if you could have held out longer to mention they were from the psyche ward. Playing up the sisters determination to defeat their foes and their intensity in trying to do so would have set up a huge payoff when at the end you find ot the two are from the psych ward.

Great for improv.

Loved the "thumbs up" guy. I agree with scooter about playing up the tension before the match.

Also, and this is just a personal pet peeve, but it bothers me when uncountrified people try to play up the hickishness in their voice (and seeing that I used words like "uncountrified" and "hickishness" should tell you all you need to know about my hickish countrification). Like I said it's just my opinion, but it's too noticeable.

Poke

"Thumb's up guy" aka SHOOTER! as played by Jon Osbeck - funny, funny man.

Anyone who thinks Mockumentary is easy probably hasn't done it. I think the point is that the girls are so stupid they don't realize that they are playing mental patients.

Serious Kudo's to The Derek for directing this movie. It was a long road editing 5 hours down to 4 minutes, but we did it.

What's funnier than a mockumentary about two redneck women bowlers who think they are competing against arch rivals who turn out to be mentally challenged guys on their monthly outing from the Ha-Ha House?

It was 100% improvised. The Derek rocks as a director, as is being proven time & again on several new projects of his own. Aaron Smith, a well known Columbus based camera, crew, and editing guy, did a superb job with D.P. duties. Brandy Seymour was responsible for a lot of the editing. GRUDGE MATCH was a very collaborative piece.

Funny stuff! I liked how it was actually edited like a documentary. It shows that It wasn't half-assed or anything and added to it's humor.

5 hours to 4 minutes...wow...good job.

sonnyboo said:
Anyone who thinks Mockumentary is easy probably hasn't done it.

Did some delete their post? Who called it easy?

Nice job! I really liked the ending when they just took the trophies out the case! Bowling allies, gotta love'em! Our topic for the NYC Midnight madness Short film competition was " Mocumentary" about an amateur magician. I now have a profound resepect for the mocumentary.

Toxzy

Back