• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Moon That Wanted To Be A Human

Fantasy Land Inc. presents a story about the Moon and his dreams of wanting to be a human.

A children's literature created specifically for YouTube, using the Windows Movie Maker and with artworks created via the Microsoft Paint Application!

There are no music and no vocal works! Just absolute silence to create the experience that one have when reading a book to children! Purely the sound of the parents' voice is the only music that can be heard!

But for those eager ones, you can create your own music to score to this short or use whatever voices YOU think is suitable for the characters! Anybody can have fun with this beautiful story!

You can follow Fantasy Land Inc. on Twitter at @FantasyLandInc.
To contact Fantasy Land Inc. for Q&A or to compliment the video, email to fantasylandinc@yahoo.com!

Enjoy!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56QAh64rz_0

eager ones, you can create your own music to score to this short or use whatever voices YOU think is suitable for the characters! Anybody can have fun with this beautiful story!

Very interesting idea you have there. :cool:

I gotta say, this is quite long for kids. How do you see the film being used? Was it made with the concept of engaging interactivity with it, or as more of a traditional book? What have you seen people do with it so far, if anything?

Very interesting idea you have there. :cool:

I gotta say, this is quite long for kids. How do you see the film being used? Was it made with the concept of engaging interactivity with it, or as more of a traditional book? What have you seen people do with it so far, if anything?

Thank you!

Now first and foremost, you say that this is quite long for kids. Most animated materials for kids reaches two hours! Don't forget Disney/Pixar's most stunning magnum opus "Ratatouille" which is about an hour and fifty minutes long. So length shouldn't really matter to kids as long as they are engrossed in the story and characters. Suffice it to say, length is purely in the eyes of the beholder.

Now to answer your question on how I see the film being used? Well, how is the book "The Cat in the Hat" used? How are Dav Pilkey's "Dragon" books used? I want parents to be able to read to their kids this story about a Moon that dreams, a Star that comforts and a Sun that criticizes. Any story for kids should have meaningful messages and nicely done characters. So basically, I did this with the same intentions of Dr. Seuss or Dav Pilkey.

Now to answer what have I seen people do with it so far, if anything? Unfortunately, with only 40 views on the video, it's quite obvious not a lot of people have seen it. I'm trying to find some way to bring attentions to it without having spend money I don't have on ads or campaigns or etc. But nothing's working. I'm trying to consider Facebook but I'm pretty bad with Facebook. Twitter I'm good with and I might consider building a page for it. But I'm not quite sure if that will work! Who knows?

Don't forget Disney/Pixar's most stunning magnum opus "Ratatouille" which is about an hour and fifty minutes long.

Sure, but Ratatouille is not meant to be read to young children. Feature-length films are not comparable.

I want parents to be able to read to their kids this story

Cool. And my question is about "how" to use it? Is this a book? Is this a video? Why is this a lightly-animated film, instead of still images on a page or even in a PDF or other eBook format? There's no interactivity aside from "forward" & "backward", which is essentially automatic page-turning. There's no audio cues or rewards for having it play as a video. There's no special events that get triggered for attempting to manipulate or interact with the onscreen images. There's not even any way to "flip through" the material that someone might want to skip to get to Page 5.

Should I load this onto a tablet to snuggle up with my child, to read them a good-night story? Or stream it onto the HD YouTube-ready big-screen in the living room? Pop it onto lil' Jenny's cellphone?

If it's supposed to just be a book... why is it not a book? :hmm:

Sure, but Ratatouille is not meant to be read to young children. Feature-length films are not comparable.

I know that. I'm simply saying that when it comes to length and materials meant for children, it shouldn't really matter (but then it is understandable if something like "The Moon That Wanted To Be A Human" reaches over thirty minutes...I mean, a little bit under would be just fine).

Cool. And my question is about "how" to use it? Is this a book? Is this a video? Why is this a lightly-animated film, instead of still images on a page or even in a PDF or other eBook format? There's no interactivity aside from "forward" & "backward", which is essentially automatic page-turning. There's no audio cues or rewards for having it play as a video. There's no special events that get triggered for attempting to manipulate or interact with the onscreen images. There's not even any way to "flip through" the material that someone might want to skip to get to Page 5.

It's something new (at least that's how I intended it to be). First off, and I don't want to sound desperate here, but I want so badly to be an artist, to create something to inspire and to tell a wonderful story, whether it is making a film (which I really want so badly to create this movie that I have been told was really expensive, what with the visions I have intended for this project) or creating just about anything with an artistic appeal. But not having a lot of money on the side, I had to do something that requires a very little to absolutely no budget but still shows a great sense of aesthetic.

I feel by doing "The Moon That Wanted To Be A Human" I wanted to show everyone that, with the minimal resources I had, creating any kind of artwork was (and is) possible. Now originally, I did intend on voicing the characters and creating the music but I did not have the equipments to make the sounds perfect and I am not really a good musician (and in case you're wondering, I don't really have a lot of friends that could help me; I am somewhat of a recluse which is not something I'm proud to admit).

Now for your questions about interactivity, I really would love to see this story be a part of something like that. But I really don't know who to go to or where I can sent this story to in order for something like that to happen! And with only 40 views on this video and no word-of-mouth situation happening, I'm not sure what to do!

Should I load this onto a tablet to snuggle up with my child, to read them a good-night story? Or stream it onto the HD YouTube-ready big-screen in the living room? Pop it onto lil' Jenny's cellphone?

Do whatever you can to read this story to your kids (the cellphone idea may not be good unless you can see the words). The tablet idea is definitely the best but that's why I'm hoping for something to happen to make "The Moon That Wanted To Be A Human" an interactive experience so that reading it could be a lot more easier (especially when watching the video, you would have to pause at a certain point which isn't all that difficult or if you have to rewind back to something which usually is a little difficult).

If it's supposed to just be a book... why is it not a book? :hmm:

I never really said that this was to be just a book. I wanted it to be the first children's literature made specifically for YouTube. But turning it into a book may be problematic since I don't know how successful it would be making those stars dance or the Moon cry on a book! But then again, in today's day and age, with high technological advancements, anything's possible!

Bear in mind, I did all that I could with the limited resources I have. I just want to inspire people to do great things as well as tell great stories. Isn't that what we all need due to recent hardships are great stories and inventive and inspiring projects? :)

Back