It's coming...

Just a couple more weeks to get the replicated copies back! I can't wait!

dvdcoversmall.jpg

Is that the official poster, or dvd cover? Where is your name! :shock:

"Directed by" is the MOST important .. get your name out there.

Good luck.

Hey, I checked out continuevideos.com
Is this a site to promote bands, mainly? Several of the bands I worked with to use their songs for the movie would be intereseted in being added I'm sure.

Let me know what you need to add pizzathemovie.com to the site.

It's the dvd cover, the poster art will look very similar though. I guess I left my name off the front, oh well. Next movie, maybe I'll do like M. Night Shamalyan and plaster my everywhere :)

well we do small time booking for band and we shoot music videos the film i am working on now is surronded by bands so thats why there is so much stuff about bands on there well send me a e-mail with all the info on ur film and u can send some copys my way and i will sell em out here(detroit)

get back to me for the full lay out

continuepunx@aol.com

Took you long enough ;)

Not seeing an option to pay by cheque/MO. Any way to do that, for the super-paranoid like myself that avoid using CC's over the 'net?

If so, PM me and pack my DVD, mister!
smiley_keke.gif

Sweet!

My copy arrived today. Can't wait to see it! :pop:

There were also some fancy-looking high-quality business/promo cards in the package, as well. That's a great idea to keep word-of-mouth circulating. :yes:

I hope you like it Steve :) be sure to post some thoughts here and on IMDB when you finish it.

I got some bad news C, I got a notice from the post office, that the package broke open, and it's contents lost, so your dvds aren't coming yet. I'll have to resend.

Okies, here's the scoop. (no spoilers) :)

Basics: A guy need some extra money to take his dreamgirl out on a first date. Gets part-time job delivering pizza to earn it.

First, the bad....

The bright-reds bleed a lot. Not so bad.

Ambient background noise is missing in almost all scenes. It's one of the first things I noticed, first time in the pizzaria towards the start. That kept me thinking about ambient noise through the rest of the flick... and it stood out.

I should qualify this with mentioning that I spent several years, in various capacities, setting up pizza-related franchises on the East Coast. The stark background I noticed probably can be skipped over by people who have never spent time in the back of a restaurant. My ears may be hyper-tuned to what is *should* sound like. :yes:

However, it's noticeable elsewhere throughout the movie.

To the good stuff...

It's a really good movie. Heck, even the DVD itself looks good. (Wanted to order a pizza just looking at it!)

There are lots of bits that people can relate to.. be it the person delivering (or receiving) the pizzas. All of you have been in that place at one time, and can find where you (or your friends) are in this flick.

If you can't get into the pizza 'premise' of the flick, just substitute occupation roles. Love (and the need for validation) is not a theme strictly limited to the fast-food industry.

I'm fairly sure that someone involved in the making of this has spent more than their share of time delivering pies for a long period. It may be explained in the "Extra Toppings" selection on the DVD, but I have not looked there yet. I've seen almost every situation presented in this comedy in real life... and for the most part, it's fairly accurate. (Hey... life is comedy sometimes)

Forgetting some names here, will fix in morning...

"Hero"... very believeable character. Great actor. Has great crisis moments.

"Hero's friend"... Seemed to try to come across in a similar fashion to James Carey's "Cable Guy" character.

"Wendy"... just awesome. Personality for every stage of Hero's progress.

"Valerie"... Good, but could have more screen time worked in.

"Librarian Lady"... Holy cow, you are one sick puppy! She was fantastic! :cool:

"Alex"... Puts on a great act. Just wish he'd had the atmosphere in the background to make him shine.

I'd read a review elsewhere saying how peeps will either love or hate the ending. The lead of the movie brings you to that personal decision, yes. Knowing that, I still found the end satisfying... and actually very well chosen.

At $14 ($12 DVD, $2 ship... yes, I paid... impartial review) I'd call this a good buy. Sure, it doesn't look like "film" or have a dedicated CGI budget (although I'm going to scrub through minutes 43 - 45 for that damn squirrel on the fence)... it's just good comedy. More than that, it's a very interesting look at Hero's travel from imagined goal to self-realisation and awareness.

This could probably be marketed well in college-towns; especially the ones with regional franchises.
smiley_creepy.gif

One other thing I'm wondering about... there are a *lot* of references to big-name trademarked items in the dialogue. How easy was it to get permissions.... or is E&O covering it?

8 of 10

Last edited:
Back