YouTube Networks

I've recently been contacted to be part of a YouTube network, I'm already a full YT partner so have branding and monetization, the only thing more these guys could give me is promotion: However I don't know if they really give that much.

I'd be signing over 40% of earnings to them (on top of the amount YT automatically gets).

The underlying question is whether or not it is worth it? Because in reality big YTers who are part of a network are really just big because they make good content that is worth watching to a really big audience.

If you cannot see the value, tell them. They'll either give you the figures for you to decide either way or they won't be able to back it up. Either way, you'll have your answer.

Ask things like, "What performance guarantee's or performance clauses are there?"

There's no point in signing away 40% of your guaranteed income for a pie in the sky idea.

Ok thanks, I will be asking them questions like that!

Is the network Koldcast TV, or similar?

Generally don't these require you to be creating frequent ongoing content?

I haven't heard of Koldcast TV before, they're similar by the looks to Maker Studios, who built Ray William Johnson (not that I aspire to be like him...)

There are some names I recognise in their featured people.

Yes part of the contract says I have to create a minimum of two videos a month. It lasts for twelve months also, I wish they had a one month trial kind of thing.

Has anyone here actually had some real life experience with a YouTube Network? Someone who has signed the contract?

I remember reading a post about networks a few months back, is there a way to search posts on here?

Yeah thanks LH, I couldn't find the one from a while back (who basically had the exact same question).

Yeah pepper jack that was gonna be my next place to look (I have previously read it but only glancingly). Was just wondering if anyone has had real experience

i asked how exactly one gets on a network. this michaelpoor guy responded with a vague, obvious response

His response is fine, and pretty much matches the series I have been a part of. One series was approached by a network after they noticed it; the other series went directly to the network to submit material for consideration.

So either get a lot of views and buzz, or plant yourself in the networks' face & wave hello. It's not that complicated. Really.

Mine was a hit of both, more the latter. I had an ad that kept popping up for one of the major networks and I decided to click it. It took me to a page to submit info about my channel. A few days later they sent an email confirming I was over 18 and then they sent me a contract to look at. Currently I have only skim read it and don't have time to make any decisions till next week, which is why I posted here hoping to be influenced one way or another

perhaps I should be more specific.

I've contacted multiple networks to ask them about how a partnership with them works. None have responded. Is there a better way to contact networks aside from their cliche submission boxes that say "Leave us a message?"

That's interesting. As soon as I had my initial reply I was talking to a real person. I haven't yet asked him any questions so things may change there. As I said I plan to ask some.

This is my only experience with networks, and it was all because of an ad I saw on the side of a YouTube stats page. I've since researched them and they are part of 'the top four' though little seem to exist outside of them. It may help if you are already a YouTube partner, because they would assume that YouTube have already noticed you and that you make good content. Unfortunately it's kinda hard to become a branded partner now, I submitted my application just days before the change of it in April, that being said it took month for them to approve it

How did you go about contacting them... Through their sign up process or just a simple contact form? I know on Maker's website you have to give them a heap of details including phone number to be considered

My friend, who is a much bigger and more involved YouTuber than myself (and also more daring..) is opting in himself to this, I'll let you know how it goes down, though it might be a long term thing

Back