• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch ILL WILL [Short Revenge Film]

I dug it :cool:

Dunno why you went crazy and added all that phony film burn & scratch lines in post, though. Very distracting.

Which filmfests you sending it to?

I agree with Zensteve on the funky film artifacts, got distracting at times. Also, I felt there was something at the very end I was supposed to get, but from what I could see after rewinding it a couple of times, the final shot just looked like an open door. From hearing the man and the little girl I assume Darryl shot himself instead of the man, but that didn't feel very clear.

Overall though, it was beautifully shot and acted. If the actors absolutely believe what they're saying and doing, the film draws me in no matter what. Your actors did that beautifully so congrats on that.

Hey this is a new short that I shot on a Canon T2i this past summer. It's about a man, Darryl, who is determined to kill the man that murdered his wife while he was locked up in prison.

I'm starting to look into film festivals so any feedback would really be appreciated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX3Im_eFN3E

Wow I'm impressed, this was good, but FFS get rid of the stupid effects, it's not needed, if anything it takes away anything this film has going for it, so remove it and I think you'll do really well, have to say the second guy is really good, definitely has a film look, you should make him primary actor in your next film, the main guy in this was so,so, but overall I liked it, nice job

Thanks for the feedback guys. So it sounds like you weren't fans of the burn/scratch effects? haha... that was actually something I wasn't sure about so I'm glad that you all brought it up

As far as festivals, I just moved to LA so I've been searching google/withoutabox to see which ones are out here. I've looked into some of the big ones like LA Shorts Fest, but if you guys have any festival suggestions I'd love to hear them

Back