Have stories with fat heroines - need a film for a festival

We publish Rubenesque Romances. We have comedy, mystery, computer age, Gothic stories. We would like to find someone interested in making a film of one or more of these stories to enter into the Phat Phim Phestival.
If interested you can see a blurb on each story at www.rubenesqueromances.com.

This a new venture for me. I was asked to get involved in this festival because of the books and thought the best way was to enter a filmmade from one of the books. If this was a big movie deal I would get money for the film rights. Then the film maker would get the money from distributing the film.

However, in this case I'm not sure what happens to the film after the festival. My thoughts were if a filmaker likes a book and thinks it would make a fun or sellable movie - I would give them the rights to make the film and we would figure out how much I would get when the film was either sold or distributed and they got back their costs.

Dees this sound reasonable?

jam said:
This a new venture for me. I was asked to get involved in this festival because of the books and thought the best way was to enter a filmmade from one of the books. If this was a big movie deal I would get money for the film rights. Then the film maker would get the money from distributing the film.

However, in this case I'm not sure what happens to the film after the festival. My thoughts were if a filmaker likes a book and thinks it would make a fun or sellable movie - I would give them the rights to make the film and we would figure out how much I would get when the film was either sold or distributed and they got back their costs.

Dees this sound reasonable?
Very reasonable.

Re: Have stories with fat heroines - need a film for a festi

jam said:
We publish Rubenesque Romances. We have comedy, mystery, computer age, Gothic stories. We would like to find someone interested in making a film of one or more of these stories to enter into the Phat Phim Phestival.
If interested you can see a blurb on each story at www.rubenesqueromances.com.

what a great idea - you go girl!
I'd be curious to see the stories. But I couldn't tell much from the website.
Let me know…
Catalina

Back