• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch This evening I was bored

Out of the few people that have seen it, most replied with "I don't get it"

It was my idea to make a film about an alcaholic, who sees they way he lives his life as normal, but he is having a break from reality, he hasn't payed his bills (there is no eletricity) he is not making himself a coffee at the start, but making himself a 'drink' the sofa flashes up empty before the 'killer' appears, to make it seem as though the killer and the man were the same, when the killer stabbs him he doesnt let go of the knife, but the stabbed man has the knnife in his hand where the wine glass is visible in the back ground, and obv, when the drunk is dead the fog is lifted and he can see his coffee and normal life for what it was.

Did any one get anywhere near that out of the short film?

I thought he was just OCD and he had to flip the light switch and push the TV remote a certain amount of times. Then he got stabbed by a random intruder, which I could tell was played by you as well, but didn't realize that was intentional instead of just not having an available actor to use.

Obviously I was way off :)

Didn't care for this short at all.

Inside lighting was fairly terrible (and you can't pin that on not payin' the bill). The "old-timey" b&w film effects & scratches juxtaposed horribly with the blatantly modern set deco & costuming. Tbh, it looked like you spent only three hours on it.

any one get anywhere near that out of the short film?

Figured it to be more along a Jeckyl & Hyde theme that I couldn't figure out.

Watching again, this morning, I think some of my disappointment is amplified by having seen some previous awesome stuff by you. Went in expecting greatness; fell very short of the high bar.

You can do better.

Thanks for your honesty Steve,

Don't worry, I am aiming for that high point again in a week or two when we are filming a modern slasher short.

I have 3 'really' bad shorts I was thinking of throwing on here aswell.

but as you know all honest comments are helpful.

I didn't get the story but I felt it wasn't that bad.

I really liked the film scratches and other simulated defects. How do you do that ?

I really liked the film scratches and other simulated defects. How do you do that ?

There was an online tutorial I'm pretty sure it was from adobe, they gave you this 3 second clip of 8mm film I tried that and it worked... for the 3 seconds.

Instead of overlaying hundreds of 3 second clips for one of our first films, we used a very old home movie, from when my mum was a baby, some one had put it onto dvd and it had just under a min of blank film at the beginging, so I ripped that off and played with the contrast and gamma on the editor to bring up the dust/marks

Back