• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Joyful End of Happiness

Hey there fellow filmlovers :)
As usual, i put up my films here because of the helpful and reasonable response I get- which I'm very thankful for. It makes me grow a lot as a filmmaker!

However, this is not a film for everyone. So i ask you to look at it from a different perspective than usual, if this isn't right up your alley.
It follows a man who's not able to "love", but keeps trying and trying.
As students currently in 12th-grade, our time was limited, and resources minimal. So I apologise for the rusty sound at times :)

Anyway, enough talk^^ Enjoy the film, and have a great evening!
Here's the film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXMcM4x28kw&list=PL23BED4DD06E69E10&index=2&feature=plcp

This was actually made as a restless creation because of the long post-prod of our upcoming sci-fi feature film.
You can watch it's trailer here if you're interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dv-iayj0zU&list=PL23BED4DD06E69E10&index=0&feature=plcp

Looking forward to hear from you!
All the best,
Jarand

I'm tired of seeing short films on this website, you directors have so much potential so why waste it and I really enjoy that trailer I thought it was hollywood.

I'm tired of seeing short films on this website, you directors have so much potential so why waste it and I really enjoy that trailer I thought it was hollywood.

I take that as a huge compliment!
However, I've got an answer for you: I'm only 17.
So whenever I finish film school, then I'll run off to make money on this :)

But, the trailer you watched- the film will be released later this year, so stay tuned:)

-Jarand

I don't normally give samples of my work, I normally team with film makers and work on a script if they want to make something.

Haha, makes sense ;)
Oh well, send me a pitch if you're interested in working together. Would be interesting to just direct, instead of both :)

Jarand

I don't normally give samples of my work, I normally team with film makers and work on a script if they want to make something.

Why would someone team up with you if they have no idea whether you can write or not? I've never met a writer who isn't willing to send directors/producers samples of their work before but I guess there's a first for everything...

Congrats Jardoss, you continue to produce very polished and inventive films, especially for your age (although, at your level, it's kind of patronising to mention it ;) )!

ok truthfully first clip isnt my type of film, it was too slow for me, however what i saw it was beautifully shot and would appeal to people of that genre.

the trailer il start of with the point that bugged me the boy looks like hes 13 years old, now aside from the youth, what a beautiful trailer, the composing was almost perfect, the heightened sense of drama was captured perfectly.

id be scared to think of what you could do with some famous movie stars and put them in a film, however thats to say the story is epic too..

Thanks a lot for great feedback, and pointing out certain things- helps me improve :)!
Haha, and yeah, makes me suspicious when you don't want to send me anything ^^

Very aware that this isn't a film for everyone, so I appreciate your objective criticism :)
And yea, young actors. It works in the film though, there's a reason! But thanks a lot, means a great deal.
Trailers are always hard work.

Cheers,
Jarand

I truly, truly liked the trailer.

The were some obvious issues like the rain pouring down one window and not the others and the sound, like you.mentioned, but other than that it was really good.

One thing I want to ask, why was he using a type writer and not a laptop or even a word processor? Seems like you tried too hard to be different but in my opinion it comes out as "trying too hard".

Incredible cinematography by the way!

I truly, truly liked the trailer.

The were some obvious issues like the rain pouring down one window and not the others and the sound, like you.mentioned, but other than that it was really good.

One thing I want to ask, why was he using a type writer and not a laptop or even a word processor? Seems like you tried too hard to be different but in my opinion it comes out as "trying too hard".

Incredible cinematography by the way!

Thanks a bunch! As always, this means a lot to me :)
Yea, the rain has caused a lot of trouble- a mistake we will avoid next time, haha

If you look closely, the whole thing is set to the late 60's. However, the cars in the background ruined that a tiny bit. But then again, the computer screen wouldn't fit- and the whole "atmosphere" would be completely different in a modern setting. So the tone was the most important thing. I went for a sort of "modern-vintage" look. But then again; we learn for as long as we live.

Your comments about the trailer is much appreciated! We can't wait to release it!

Cheers,
Jarand

Thanks a bunch! As always, this means a lot to me :)
Yea, the rain has caused a lot of trouble- a mistake we will avoid next time, haha

If you look closely, the whole thing is set to the late 60's. However, the cars in the background ruined that a tiny bit. But then again, the computer screen wouldn't fit- and the whole "atmosphere" would be completely different in a modern setting. So the tone was the most important thing. I went for a sort of "modern-vintage" look. But then again; we learn for as long as we live.

Your comments about the trailer is much appreciated! We can't wait to release it!

Cheers,
Jarand

I'll be honest, never during the whole video did it even cross my mind that it was set in 60's. Did others automatically see it as being set in the 60's? It seems to me like the wardrobe did not properly reflect the era.

:)

I'll be honest, never during the whole video did it even cross my mind that it was set in 60's. Did others automatically see it as being set in the 60's? It seems to me like the wardrobe did not properly reflect the era.

Ye, this is true. The clothes however, that's the main factor that will make a stand when it comes to time period- and the typewriter. Like you said, "who'd use that now?" The car in the background ruined this though. Sadly :/

Anyway, thanks for great feedback!
Means a lot :)

All the best,
Jarand

I didn't see the 60's era either to be honest. I think it was the waiters costume of skinny jeans which made it feel less 60's.

Other than that, I thought the cinematography and editing, especially the beginning and ending, were fabulous :) Lovely lovely work.

Back