Does anyone here have a Blackmagic Cinema Camera?

I'm a filmmaker in the Los Angeles area and I'm reaching out, looking for someone who was one of the lucky people to get their BMC already, or someone who is very high in line on the list for preorders at B&H...

I placed an order for the camera early September (really late) and my feature is going into production in November. Now with all the shipping and manufacturing delays, I'm worried I won't receive the camera in time for the film.

I'm not exactly sure what I'm asking here, since I already have a cinematographer, but if someone has the camera already, or will have it by November, would you like to possibly be part of our production? Or would you be willing to let us use the camera for November? I'd even be willing to trade you for my brand new one as soon as it arrives.

Also, if anyone preordered it months ago and is planning on canceling their order, let me know so I can grab your spot instead.

Having to reschedule the film would be a nightmare, and using another camera is not an option, unless I could somehow get my hands on an Alexa for very little money :)

Back