• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch 88:88 - She has only one remaining option - to find a way to fight back

Every once in a while, a really awesome short film comes along. Today’s featured short is most certainly falls into that category. 88:88 is one of those films that has so much to talk about, but you don’t want to talk about it because you don’t want to spoil anything for the viewer. All you can really say is ‘trust me, watch it!’ But I still need to write something about it, so I’ll do my best not to spoil anything...

http://filmshortage.com/?shorts=8888

Every once in a while, a really awesome short film comes along. Today’s featured short is most certainly falls into that category. 88:88 is one of those films that has so much to talk about, but you don’t want to talk about it because you don’t want to spoil anything for the viewer. All you can really say is ‘trust me, watch it!’ But I still need to write something about it, so I’ll do my best not to spoil anything...

http://filmshortage.com/?shorts=8888

Yes, yes! I just discovered this short a couple of days ago. I contacted the filmmaker and am going to do a writeup on it.

The only thing I wish I'd known before I watched it was the genre - just so I had an idea of what to expect during its somewhat deliberate buildup. Terrific short film.

@filmshortage - I just followed you on twitter.

It is labeled as a Sci-Fi on the site. I must say I totally enjoyed the deliberate build up.
Let me know when your write it is done, would like to read it!

Thanks for the follow!

Okay, the interview with director Joey Ciccoline is now posted at the site. Really useful info for anyone interested in shooting SF on a shoestring budget, IMHO.

Last edited:
I liked the short very much and I too liked the buildup. The actress did a great job and the footage was very professional. I thought the alien abduction scene went on a bit long. I'm not sure what the trophy crystal saving the day was about. It was clear that she was going through hard times financially and perhaps a break up. At one point I thought it was ghost story. Visually, a well made short movie.

Back