• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch How to survive a Zombie Apocalypse - part 2

The first one was definitely the better of the two, but it's interesting and well-made.

In the first one the side-banter was interesting and clever (the "this requires serious music" comment was amazing). The reason it played out so well, though, is that the rest of the video was serious. In the second one the narrator is frequently cracking jokes, or making asides, and it works against both the moments of humor and the moments of seriousness. Keep things tense when you can, feel out when to toss in an aside.

I feel that the mix of the Grindhouse and Zombieland vibes also play to the strengths of the short, and the "Would you like to know more?" reference to Starship Troopers played out amazingly, almost like an alternate timeline in the same universe. The Scott Pilgrim "Pee Bar" moment, however, fell flat to me. If you're going to include a statistical/video game-y vibe, own that early and often, and not just to crack a joke (see the above paragraph for my explanation as to why).

All-in-all, very well executed. I'm looking forward to seeing some more of these, and will definitely be showing some friends.

Thats great. Good concept. Very enjoyable and alot of fun. Part one was better but two was funnier. Fantastic though. Ps: love your intro with the zombie hand. Plus nice editing and fx too.

Last edited:
Thank you guys :)

@Caidh Mor - I really like Your review and I hope that you will review my future shorts. Pee bar was not in the spirit and look of HTSAZA 1 but I didn`t know what is wrong with it untill your comment. That was best review so far and really helpful. Thank You.

@dr stilly - Glad You like it. We made this one funnier because most of people didn`t understand that this "How to" tutorial is not real tutorial and that last one will only help you to get killed :)

@Jsthompson79 - I am sorry about that thing at the end of this part but I had a reason for doing that. She is moving to another country next month :)

Though you did a very good job at everything, in the future, try to avoid ideas that people have done a billion times. If you type in "zombie" on youtube, you will find thousands of videos with that title. There's an insanely popular book here in the U.S called The Zombie Survival Guide written by Mel Brooks's son.

Though you did a very good job at everything, in the future, try to avoid ideas that people have done a billion times. If you type in "zombie" on youtube, you will find thousands of videos with that title. There's an insanely popular book here in the U.S called The Zombie Survival Guide written by Mel Brooks's son.

I don't think it's anyones place to tell another to avoid a genre of their choice IMO. I'm not a huge zombie film fan but I'd rather watch this than some mellowdramtic sombre pretentious film that attempts tries to be original. IMO what OP has created is a homage to why motion pictures exist in the first place. Entertainment.

I hate seeing bad zombie take-offs because there are so many but good ones like this is the reason the genre survived (no pun intended).

No, I wasn't criticizing the genre. I love a good zombie film. It's just that the whole "how to survive a zombie apocalypse" has been done over and over again. It's always best to advise people to come up with some originality. I didn't say his film was bad, because it wasn't. I'm just sick of seeing that title and that same exact thing over and over again.

This project never meant to be original short film. I wanted to make zombie flick inspired by few movies/tv shows/games that I like. Funny thing with this sequel was that it was inspired by movie I have made on the stuff other people made before me but all of them was inspired with someone before that :) (inception style) :)

btw The Zombie Survival Guide is on my next shopping list from Amazon :)

Back