• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch THE OLD MAN AND THE LION IS FINALLY DONE!

Just like the title said, the post production for my short film, THE OLD MAN AND THE LION is finally over!! :D

I'll have it up on Vimeo privately sometime tomorrow (Mon, 08/27/12) and to be a part of the private screening, please follow the instructions below:

1) Like my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ImagineNowEntertainment
2) Message me (the page) so I know you want to see it.
3) You'll then received a reply from me with my conditions (ie. Don't share it to anyone, Give me a review on it). If you adhere to these, I'll proudly give you the private link and password. :)

oh and,
4) Don't kill me for having you do these. lol.

Seriously though, what I'm asking is very easy and it helps me build up my audience. Now of course, if you don't wanna see the film, then you don't have to do these... easy. ;)

Thanks guys and I'm looking forward to your guys' feedback! Hope y'all like the film!

Good luck with that approach! In an online environment where you can choose to jump through a hoop to watch a stranger's short film of which you know nothing about or click a YouTube link and watch a different stranger's short film, what do you think most people will pick? It's hard enough to get views as an independent (polite word for "no-name") when your stuff is readily and easily accessible, a three step process involving multiple websites can only work to hinder.

Really not trying to be a downer, just trying to suggest you rethink your marketing plan. Ask for a Facebook like AFTER people watch a high-quality, entertaining short and you'll likely get it.

Good luck with that approach! In an online environment where you can choose to jump through a hoop to watch a stranger's short film of which you know nothing about or click a YouTube link and watch a different stranger's short film, what do you think most people will pick? It's hard enough to get views as an independent (polite word for "no-name") when your stuff is readily and easily accessible, a three step process involving multiple websites can only work to hinder.

Really not trying to be a downer, just trying to suggest you rethink your marketing plan. Ask for a Facebook like AFTER people watch a high-quality, entertaining short and you'll likely get it.

I appreciate your input and you may be right, I don't know. I'm just trying out different marketing strategies here so we'll see what the others think.

But if it will make you or anyone feel better, feel free to just PM me if you wanna see it. I don't wanna share it on a public forum. :)

I guess I'll wait. It's just a short film I know noting about, I'm not going through a multi-step process to see it.

Man, what a blueball thread. :mope:

PM me the details when it's up. :cool:

Hahaha!! I know right? EPIC FAIL. I tried though. You'll never know til you try.

Anyway, I'll probably start another thread regarding the private screening so how about let's all forget about this and pretend like nothing really happened. Lol.

But like I said, if you wanna see it, shoot me an email! And when you like it, maybe you could like my facebook page. :lol:

I'm off to bed. Got that thing called school tomorrow (don't know if anyone of you have ever heard of it) so talk to you guys then!

beep beep.

I guess I'll wait. It's just a short film I know noting about, I'm not going through a multi-step process to see it.

Thanks for being straight-up. I appreciate it.

If you do change your mind though (I know you already pm'd me), let me know and we'll get you the link once it's up.

If you already have a FB account, and if you're a regular user (and therefore always logged-in), then it takes maybe two or three seconds to click on the link to his FB page, and press the big "like" button. I would've done it, but I already did it weeks ago.

Other than that, this request isn't so different from any other. If I post a video in the fully-public screening room, I don't care if people leave reviews. But if I post it in the private screening room, I think it's at least a little bit implied that feedback is wanted, and common-courtesy would call for at least a one-sentence generalized review.

I don't think these hoops are all that big to jump through, though like he said in the OP -- if you don't wanna do it, don't.

I'll watch it and leave a review. Justin, the onus is on you to PM me the link. :)

I was confused about what he wanted. I thought he was adding more steps towards getting the link. I realize now, he made alternatives.

I was confused about what he wanted. I thought he was adding more steps towards getting the link. I realize now, he made alternatives.

I think he's adding more steps. So if this is marketing, it's not the best. But if he just wants private reviews, no big whoop. Extra step(s) literally take a few seconds. :rolleyes:

There's nothing wrong with asking fellow users to LIKE your film on facebook - it's a marketing tool, after all (or, a pre-marketing one for me). Hell, I'll get an account (other than my company one which can't view others' pages) just to LIKE it.
I honestly cannot fathom why members of this community would find reason to not click a simple LIKE button.

But I have to concur that the whole, do this, do that... approach is a stinker.
Good luck.

There's nothing wrong with asking fellow users to LIKE your film on facebook - it's a marketing tool, after all (or, a pre-marketing one for me). Hell, I'll get an account (other than my company one which can't view others' pages) just to LIKE it.
I honestly cannot fathom why members of this community would find reason to not click a simple LIKE button.

But I have to concur that the whole, do this, do that... approach is a stinker.
Good luck.

If that's all there was to it, then I would've done it.

I can see how it's a pain to ask someone to "like" your page, if that person doesn't use FB. My PC is permanently logged-in, so it's literally just a couple seconds to like it. But for someone who might log into FB once a week or less, or for someone who doesn't have an account, yeah, I can see how that would be annoying.

If you already have a FB account, and if you're a regular user (and therefore always logged-in), then it takes maybe two or three seconds to click on the link to his FB page, and press the big "like" button. I would've done it, but I already did it weeks ago.

Other than that, this request isn't so different from any other. If I post a video in the fully-public screening room, I don't care if people leave reviews. But if I post it in the private screening room, I think it's at least a little bit implied that feedback is wanted, and common-courtesy would call for at least a one-sentence generalized review.

I don't think these hoops are all that big to jump through, though like he said in the OP -- if you don't wanna do it, don't.

I'll watch it and leave a review. Justin, the onus is on you to PM me the link. :)

Well said... I just don't want to leave the link and password to a public screening room because I can't keep track of who sees it and who don't. If someone shares it then I have no idea who to blame. Having people do those is 1) a marketing strategy, 2) almost like a security thing.

And I don't really see why people complain about this. It's really easy! Click like, then shoot the page a message saying you wanna see it. EAAAASY. Now I can see if you're not a regular facebook user then you can complain. You could've asked an alternative too 'cause I'd be willing to do that so you could just see the film! And yes like I said, if you think it's too hard, you don't have to do it. But if you really wanna see it, you'll make a way. :P

Cracker, you liked the page? I just realized last night that one guy who frequently likes my status is ZenSteve. Why don't you guys have your username as your Facebook name!!! Haha just kidding. :lol:

Back