Shooting on a country lane

A sequence of my shoot is on a country lane, hopefully a road less travelled early morning. we have a fight scene taking place there and maybe even a gun. This is mainly a guerilla shoot so what precautions should I take?

We were thinking of speaking to out town hall and informing them of the shoot in the area, so if we try to do this scene legally in london how much could it all cost us? If we can get away with paying nothing that would be great. However we have a few pro actors in that scene and not sure if we should put them at risk by going guerilla.

any ideas?

Well, we filmed in Londons richest Borough (Richmond) and shot for £100 the whole day. That was on a piece of woodland though. For a country lane, I guess you can manage around 200-300 pounds if you talk nicely. We managed to get it down the student route!

we have a fight scene taking place there and maybe even a gun

I hope you're adding in all the sound fx after the shoot and not trying to use blanks or something. Because that could attract the kind of attention for your film you don't want if a cop happens to drive by.

Well, we filmed in Londons richest Borough (Richmond) and shot for £100 the whole day. That was on a piece of woodland though. For a country lane, I guess you can manage around 200-300 pounds if you talk nicely. We managed to get it down the student route!

You say the student route. Was you students or ;);) ?

Who do you speak to and what's the proceedure? Do they ask for filming insurance etc?

Last edited:
Back