• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch New Movie Poster

I like the poster.

I also like the idea of giving a link to your FB to promote the poster.

It might be a good idea to build the website before advertising the website on a poster, though. (And I noticed the title font on the poster didn't match the title font in the flash on the website. It might be better for recognition to keep those fonts the same in every advertising venue.)

The rating at the bottom of the poster always makes it look very official, even without the MPAA logo. Seeing (non A-list) actors appear with top billing (and reappear on the Director/Producer line), however, kinda gives me a hint that this might not be big studio film. [Well, there's that and then again it was shared on a forum called indietalk.com, but I digress.] I've seen ratings ascribed to a lot of similar endeavors, so I looked up the rules on the matter...

The G, PG, PG-13, R and NC-17 rating symbols and legends are Certification marks registered by the MPAA with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. In order to ensure that the public is aware of the status of each of these marks, use of the standard trademark notice ® next to the rating symbol is required on materials issued to the public which include any of the rating marks. The rating symbols and legends may not be self-applied and may only be used with the authorization of the MPAA in connection with motion pictures that have been rated by CARA, in accordance with the Rules set forth herein and the Advertising Administration Rules. The unauthorized use of the MPAA’s rating symbols constitutes trademark infringement, even without the use of the logo. Infringement violations mean that the rating process for any other motion pictures submitted for rating by the distributor (including any parent, subsidiary, affiliate, agent, servant, employee, licensee, sub-licensee, assignee or successor-in-interest to the distributor that is determined to have been responsible for the violation) will be denied. The distributor (including any parent, subsidiary, affiliate, agent, servant, employee, licensee, sub-licensee, assignee or successor-in-interest to the distributor that is determined to have been responsible for the violation) may also be suspended from participating in the rating system. Any other sanction listed in MPAA, CARA, Rules or the Advertising Administration Rules or any other sanction deemed appropriate by the Chairman of MPAA and President of NATO may be employed to remedy the violation. Sanctions proceedings will be heard by the CEO of the MPAA and the President of NATO or, in their absence, a designated officer of their respective organizations (other than the Chairperson of CARA or other member of the Rating Board). At the hearing, oral and documentary evidence may be introduced by the producer or distributor and by representatives of CARA. If the CEO of the MPAA and the President of NATO or their designees, upon review of the evidence, determine that the CARA Rules have been violated and that the violation has not been cured adequately, they may issue an appropriate sanction commensurate with the violation. The sanction proceeding will be decided as expeditiously as possible and a written determination will be made. The decision of the CEO of the MPAA and the President of NATO, or their designees, is final. During the pendency of the sanction proceeding, the producer or distributor of the motion picture may take steps to cure the violation that gave rise to that proceeding.

Last edited:
Back