• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "Oceva Krv" A Serbian Revenge Film

Oceva Krv is one of my first short films, Shot in San Diego and spoken in Serbian with English subtitles.
Its been out for awhile but I haven't really shared it with anyone. I would love to have any constructive criticism and opinions. This was shot with a 60d and color corrected in post

Thanks for watching!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RzZ24O_Va8

Raul A Urreola
-Writer/Director-

I liked it! The song and montage in the intro did well setting the mood for the film. The first scene in the room looked very professional. The image and sound were great.

In my opinion though, the high-contrast look gives it a distinctly amateur feeling. It worked well in the bedroom when the light bouncing around the white walls kept everything on a relatively even illumination. Outside though the overbearing darks and highlights rob the image of a lot of information. The blood didn't quite match the color of its surroundings either. It was a little unrealistically vibrant. If that was a stylistic choice, I would have made more of a point to show how it contrasted with the washed-out look of the rest of the film.

But those, of course, are all nit-picky criticisms. I thought it was a very solid short film. I really jumped when the man tried to fire his gun. That shows I cared about what was happening.

Back