• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Don't Go Into the Water... (Fake trailer for fake horror film that isn't real.)

I really enjoyed it. I wish it were real because these are the kinds of movies I love!! The sound design was a little weak in some areas but still looks great!

Thanks a lot! Ahaha. I'd love to make this into a real movie.

I'd be interested to know which parts of the sound design you think are weak. I spent a lot of time on it, and was pretty happy with the results, but then this is the first time I've done something of this type.

Thanks a bunch for watching, and for the comment. I really appreciate it.

if you don't mind me asking, and don't take this as criticism....

why did that take over a year to make?

Haha. Fair question. I wasn't actually working on it that whole time. I shot it last summer, but when I went to edit it, it wasn't working the way I had originally planned. It took me a while to figure out how to put the footage together. On top of that, I made a lot of stupid mistakes while shooting it. (This is my first live-action short. I usually make cartoons.) There are more visual effects in there than you can likely tell upon first viewing, just there to cover issues with the footage.

So most of that time I was just thinking about it. But then I also had to learn how to do the visual effects and sound design, because that was stuff I hadn't done before.

That's funny that you posted that, because if Don't Go Into the Water had turned out the way I originally meant it to, it would have been almost too similar. They were both based off of the Shark Night trailer.

I shot this a few months before Shark Pool came out, but if I hadn't totally reworked it, it would have probably looked like a bit of a rip off. And one with less production value.

Heh, I'd totally watch the actual film of that :cool:

Some of it reminded me quite strongly of Shark Night.

Audio's pretty hit & miss. Sounds like a lot of ADR in echo chamber.

Plan on moving ahead with it?

Heh. Yeah, some of the dialogue I would have re-recorded if I had the chance. But it's supposed to be a low-budget movie. That's a good excuse, right?

If enough people were interested, I would totally try to crowd-fund this as a feature. But that wasn't my intention when I shot it. I'll wait and see how many views this trailer gets!

Thanks for the comment!

But it's supposed to be a low-budget movie. That's a good excuse, right?

audio's supposed to be like that. come on guys!

Bad audio is almost impossible to forgive... and don't even start with that Mumble-Core mumbo-jumbo, either. :coffee:

Bad sound is bad sound. Bad sound design (sculpted out of clean sound) is a different story.

But yeah... dug it. :cool:

Back