Writing/Directing...

I like to write/direct...

• Total voters
There's one choice that's missing: All of the Above. Above all, I am a storyteller. If I find the story interesting I want to tell it.

Poke

I left it out because I thought too many people would pick it, and the poll wouldn't be interesting ... but I have now added it :)

I vote drama... however, Iv also directed a Fanatasy Short. So, I guess Drama / Fantasy / horror.

Im NOT a comedy person. Since im not funny, I dont think I would make a good comedy Director.

Landon

i write whatever i feel like writing. sometimes its comedy, sometimes its action, sometimes its drama, whatever comes to me and stays.

chad

Wow, I'm somewhat surprised at the large amount of comedians out there! I find it excutatingly hard to be funny when I try :D. I'm usually funniest when it happens spontaneously out of a sudden situation. It's awesome that so many people can capture their humor on tape though!

I personally like Drama. Anything that has an emotional effect upon a person I like to do (haven't tried Horror, don't want too - too overused!)

i like Documentaries cuse it gives a real events and tells u whats really going on,so far the one i am workin on is going good.

Horror 100% I've been writing horror screen plays since I was 12, I watch every horror film I can even if it's the worst thing I've ever seen just so I can make sure that when I write something I can try my best to keep it as original as possible. Sci-Fi is a close second though.

I enjoy writing everything, and directing different genres is a nice challenge, but I find I can't keep comedy out of whatever it is I'm writing.

I tend to try and keep comedy out of my movies in the dialouge, as verbal comedy thats funny in one place usually doesnt go down too well in many other places around the world.
Physical comedy always works - a man slipping on a banana in china is just as funny as a man slipping on a banana in America. So I tend not to be so strict with that.

My movies are usually all-rounders, at least the ones I write and aspire to make that is :)
The movies I have made range from musical, exploitation, action and (dare i say it ?) film noir - i have also helped out in the making of an animation.

But if i HAD pick ONE genre to make I know what it is I would go far, but im not sure if theres a name for it.
I just love movies where there is one main character, and he is lost in a world he doesnt understand - a metropolis that he cant find a way out of as it is so big, and things just keep on getting worse and worse for him.
Think of an anime like Metropolis, or movies like The Matrix/Total Recall/Blade Runner/Brazil/ or even the very promising first 20mins of ''The Mexican'' etc etc etc.

Infact I think there is a name for this type of movie, 'sci fi'.
But i think it may be a coincidence.

How about Patrick McGoohan's "The Prisoner", Mr Great?

smiley_badger.gif

LloydTheGreat said:
I tend to try and keep comedy out of my movies in the dialouge, as verbal comedy thats funny in one place usually doesnt go down too well in many other places around the world.

True. In fact, dialogue-based comedy is a very narrow street because it doesn't even play well outside a certain class. Woody Allen, Whit Stillman, Kevin Smith etc., have carved out a healthy niche for themselves in the process, though. I don't mind aiming for the same.

Comedy is a very hard thing to do well. So often it comes across as forced (well so does a serious movie for that matter...).

I have always found it interesting how the indie scene seems to be largely Horror flicks (though this poll doesn't seem to support that analysis).

Back