UK Fake Gun Law Help?

Hi,

I'm wanting to order some airsoft guns off of Evike, but I'm unsure of the gun law in the UK. I know they have to have orange tips on them, and I'll only be ordering guns that do. I read somewhere that they have to be blue or orange???

I would need guns that are all black except for the orange tip but worried that I'll get in trouble with the law when getting them imported in?

Thanks.

I am not from the UK, but I don't think you will have problems ordering airsoft guns from evike.com

I think you can remove the orange tip, as long as you notify the police and nearby people that you are gonna shoot a film, play with them etc (or whatever you are gonna do). You don't want frightened people calling the police on you ;) (Just saying, in case you one day want to remove the orange tips)

Thanks, I'll need to make sure the gun is mostly coloured then :(

Have you tried an armourer? The reason I ask is you can hire an armourer for a day rather than buy the guns. In the UK, there are armourers who provide weapons and can guide you on usage.

For example, the Royal Opera House has an armourer responsible for weapons, can rent you kit and can stand around ensuring correct usage while shooting and while at rest. For example, placing the weapons on the ground between shots etc...

I am no expert on this and the Royal Opera House armouries may be a touch expensive but I would suggest exploring this avenue if you want a more realistic shot.

What I've been told is that you need an Airsoft license over here, and to get one you have to go on at least two skirmishes. Then you're looking at £60+ for a pistol. The gun I've been using cost me, overall, £14. The gun cost £4 from a Car Boot and was totally Orange, then I bought a Kobra Big Black spray from Amazon which was a tenner. You can see the results below;
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/416718_10150758237038265_1636346446_o.jpg

Not perfect, especially as it needed touching up as some of the orange was peaking through, but for wider shots its fine. It also comes down to your painting method. My VFX guy swears by dry brushing it, which will give a more real look and you can start to texturise it. So its all down to your budget and how much effort you want to put in.

Oh and, of course, with no colour on show be very careful with where you're taking it (;

Back