I broke my lenses

Okey so I'm crazy idiot and unfortunately that was the way I was born, I don't keep my camera at home shooting my flowers .

So I went at 5 : 30 AM on a freakin rock waiting for a bear to come up . Yes , I know.

So as I was waiting for about 8 hours I finally saw the freakin bear. I started shooting , she looked at me and start getting closer and closer so I freaked out and start running . Unfortunately I fell and I hitted my lenses. They look the same,look like it's not a big deal,but I can't focus. I can barely move the focus ring . I went on the local and only photo store and they told me I should get new lenses . Before punching anyone in the face I just left the store .

It's 1.4 50mm lenses , for me they are really expensive and I got them last week. I can not just leave it or whatever I want to fix it ,I don't know how . I feel like my little baby is in the hospital and it is about to die .

I feel like there is something stick into the lens,like a little rock or whatever ,but don't know how to remove it..any ideas ?

You were shooting a wild bear framed on a 50 mm lens? Ooooookay, Mr Treadwell. :seeya:

I'd be up for the task with a 500 mm lens; no less. :bag:

they told me I should get new lenses

Well, them's the breaks sometimes. :(

There's a forum member here who spent weeks planning his short film that was going to take place on a small boat. He dropped his camera into the ocean on the first day of shooting. Oops. Gotta roll with the punches.

There's gotta be a market for vintage lenses in your country. Maybe the Helios type, or something more local.

Hope you recover from this. You still have the kit lens at least, yes?

Thanks guys!

Yes I do have the 18-55 . For my short film I'll be able to shoot some of my scenes , but there are a lot of close ups which I think if it's done with the 50mm will look just so much better.

Do you think I should risk and just go and shoot the way they are with the chances of completely ruin the whole lens or I should stop the shooting and wait ?

Or should I get the 50mm 1.8 just for the short ? I think i'll feel like I'm wasting my money that way,but I really want to do the short as best as I can and I think the 50mm look will help me a lot .

:(( . damn I'm so confused ;D

If I was really desperate to shoot the scene on a broken "unfocusable" 50mm - i'd find the crisp spot where the focus is the sharpest - shoot the scene from that point (your actor would have to be stationary since u can't pull the focus) but that would depend on if the image is distorted or not.

As far as trying to fix the lens - you wouldnt wanna do that if you have no experience lol u d just end up destroying the thing and throwing it away.

Can't help you with fixing your lens. But I do have one piece of advice which is NEVER RUN FROM A BEAR! If you act like prey the bear will think you are prey and come after you. And trust me, bears can outrun you.

The best way to deal with a bear is to wave your arms around and make a lot of noise to scare it off. That, and bear spray. Don't film bears without it.

Back