Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

• C

• D

• Total voters
Ok, Iv revised this post. I may have said a few heating things last night.... However, I still rate alfonso an "D-". I'v only liked one of his productions, The little Pricess. Besides that I dont much like what he has done on his other films.

I still feel He could have at least kept somthing from the first two Potter films... and not trhow EVERTHING out the window.

He needs to Direct more films like the little princess and not like Harry Potter.... I know he came in to it with good intentions... However, sometimes those Intentions take over and everything goes the wronge way (I know that from experiance)... I dont blame Alfonso in general... just on Harry Potter film I rate him a D-.... Id give him a A on Little Princess..

So hes not all bad.

Just my opinion... hope this sounds better than what I posted last night?

Director_by_nature said:
I sure hope no major movies accept him to Direct any more films. I know we cant be perfect all the time. But this time around (Harry Potter), he really lost his touch.

Woah! That's a pretty harsh statement! :shock: How would you like it? eh? eh? ;)

I haven't seen the latest harry potter movie so I can't really comment. What other films has he done?

I strongly disagree!
I though he did so good on the little princess.... however, after harry potter. I will never see another one of his films again.
Never see another film by a hard working director just because you didn't like ONE film he made?

Ouch!

I've read many good reviews for that film, so someone likes it. Therefore he should definitely keep making movies.

You shouldn't wish for people to fail like that. Karma man. Besides, I'm sure some of the things you've said at this site ("I prefer to BUY my 35mm cameras" and "Using Filmlook on HD"), would make SOME people cringe...but no one wants YOU to fail!

I didn't like the first Lord of the Rings...it was three hours of "hobbits" walking, and at the end they were STILL WALKING!!! One of the worst movies I've ever seen, actually...but I still have respect for the filmmakers, and they definitely should keep on keepin on. Just look where they are now...all because of a movie that I absolutely loathe!

You didn't give one example of what was "wrong" with the flick. You state he threw everything out the window. What? Tell me what he threw out the window. Everything I saw was par for the course with the Harry Potter films. The only thing I didn't agree with was that he didn't bring the naked chick from Y Tu Mama Tambien to give Harry and Ron Wizard sex lessons.

Poke

a person at YAHOO! Review took the words out of my mouth... I quote from the user "ketorama99":

1.The Dursley's house was so different. And since when does Marge completely fly away?

2.WTH was with the Knight Bus? The Jamacian head was absoluetly not needed. Why was Harry always slamming his face into window when nobody else did?

3.Tom looked like the Hunchback of Notrodome. He must have been Egore's cousin or something. Where was Fudge's hat and pin-stripes? The Leaky Cauldron looked like someone died in it. You never saw Diagon Alley.

4.Mr. Weasly told Harry how Sirius wanted to kill him instead of Harry over-hearing him and his wife arguing over it.

5.Why was the glass of water on the table on the train? I know that the Dementors are supposed to make everything cold but putting the water there was just a corny way of showing it.

6.There was never a choir in the book. Professor Flitwick was a completely different person unless he dyed his hair. Absolutely wrong person to play Dumbledore. Sir Ian McKellen could have done a way better job.

7.Trelwany's scenes were good but her room was located in the wrong spot.

8.Since when does the Fat Lady sing and wear a toga? Plus her portrait was in the wrong place. Anyone could hear the password if they walked by.

9.I wanted to cry when I saw the Quidditch match. People were getting hit by lightingbolts and the rain was made of ice. Dementors don't fly! I understand that they didn't want them to look like Ring Wraiths but still. Oliver Wod wasn't even there and neither were Katie Alcia or Cho Chang.

10.Why was thw Whomping Willow killing birds? I will admit that that was a bit funny but just a little PG-13. Anyone could have gotten into the Willow if they were in their first year. What happened to Crockshanks turning it off?

11.Harry never got a turn to tackle the boggart in the book. Ron's spider was supposed to lose it's legs not roll around on roller skates. Lupin never turned on that music...EVER. The guy that played Lupin kinda looked like Hitler with the mustache and all. I thought he was supposed to look much more handsome. Sirius was supposed to be handsome to. The actor looked...well...I won't go on.

12.Draco was such a wimp. It was kinda funny when he called Buckbeak "a bloody chicken" though. The real Goyle was only in the movie for about 5 seconds. Then this other guy comes looking like he drinks Slim Fast 24/7.

13.Hermione was way too touchy-feely. Whenever she was afraid or sad she grabbed Ron like they had this hot relationship. And since when does she care about her hair so much?

14.Harry and Hermione were supposed too end up in a closet on the main floor not stay in the hospital when they went back in time. Where did the clock tower come from? Hermione never threw rocks into Hagrid's hut to worn them that Fudge was coming.

15.The Shreiking Shack scene was way too short. The guy playing Peter scared me so much I thought I would faint. They didn't explain the murder well enough and why was Harry so understanding about it all?

16.Lupin looked like a bald spider with four legs and a muzzle when he transformed. They never explained about who Prongs, Padfoot, Mooney, and Wormtail were so the stag on the other side of the lake would be extremely confusing to anyone who hadn't read the book.

17.Sirius sent the Firebolt WAY to late, at the very end of the movie. Where was the championship game?

That pretty much says my feeling for Harry Potter and alfonso...

Poke: He already threw in a love story for Ron and Hermione... we don't need anymore love.. :shock: :shock: I need the love, not them! :lol:

I will now post my own review for the film:

Overall Rating: C-
Acting: A
Directing: D-
Story: C

""""""""" the film was OK... Just OK... for anyone who actually reads the stories, and not just go to see the movies... you would know what I mean. If your the type that never read Harry Potter, then you wont know the difference in the film. However, If you are a book fan... TAKE WARNING. (See Posting Above).

In my opinion the film had no Story, it was to artsy, It was trying to be a Dry Comedy, in which it failed terrible at. And the Director threw a whole Love and pasion thing between Ron and Hermione. In the book, they onyl touch on this subject for about 2 seconds... in the film, it comprises about 15 minutes.... I mean come on?!? Hermione was always grabing for Rons hand everytime she got a little scared.

I know alfonso loves to direct passionate love scenes, but this is a Kids Flick. no matter how many times they try to make it "Darker", it will still be a kids flick.

I also have a complaint that he left out most all the Chris put in good... He changed castle location.... Chaged Hagrids hut, the Castle looks like it is on an Island, Thge castle was about 5 times smaller than the origional, the Great Hall was WAY WAY to small. And alfonso's cute little talking heads was totally un called for. and the Castle was Dull Looking. It had no color what so ever. Chris made it so Warm and inviting. then alfonso makes it look like a pit.

He added so much that was not in the book, that I found it hard cope with. I can see adding a few new things... but he might as well have written his own Harry Potter book.

I had waited 3 years for this film to come out..... and when it does, I am presented with this film.... they should have named is "Harry Potter and Alfnonso's Joke".

I am Disappointed with David Heyman for allowing this film to get so off track.

However, there is nothing more I can do about it... It will have to be what it is. """"""""

Sincerely,
Landon

P.S) dorry for all the Typos, but im in a hurry to get this done.. it's Dinner time!

Oh, you're one of those people. By that I mean you're one of those people that will never accept an adaptation unless it is faithful. The movie was good, even the author of the beloved book liked it.

Poke

Yes, well, It depends.

When im in love with a story, All I really want out of the movie is to be able to see if what I was reading... However, if the book was ok, but im not in love with it. then If its not like the book, thats ok.

Anyway, Im not a big reader. So, The only real movies i pay any attention too is HP and Lord of the Rings. Besides that, im not sure whats based on books and whats not. or really care for that matter.

Landon

If your not a big reader I hope you are a big learner. The only people who can make a film to make a good impact is those who learn. You have to read to learn to make good movies... this is what I have learnt anyway ;) Sorry to be so plain... but I hope you get it Director_by_nature! :D

I don't know if the director wrote or helped write the script, but if not...you need to apologize to alfonso, because those complaints are mostly aimed at the writers (and/or casting)!

Yes, alfonso worked with Steven Kloves (Writter), as most large film directors do. Alfonso had impurt on ALL Aspects of the film. If not, it would not have been so completly different. In the end, the Director is usually the one that has the final say, not the writter. Even if alfonso did not have the imput on it, he has the right to say, NO, Rewrite it. But did he? No.

I rest my case.
Landon

Director_by_nature said:
Yes, alfonso worked with Steven Kloves (Writter), as most large film directors do. Alfonso had impurt on ALL Aspects of the film. If not, it would not have been so completly different. In the end, the Director is usually the one that has the final say, not the writter. Even if alfonso did not have the imput on it, he has the right to say, NO, Rewrite it. But did he? No.

I rest my case.
Landon

That may be true for Harry Potter, but it's not true for every production. Sometimes the director has almost no control over...anything...even the script. You don't know as much as you think you do, so don't think you're the authority of Hollywood :wink: .

Do you think Irvin Kershner told George Lucas what to write for The Empire Strikes Back? I don't. He may have made minimal script-to-screen changes, but not the changes that you claim every director can make. The director of a movie can have complete control of production, or he might just have the title, and be the guy that sits behind the camera and makes sure every take works. So, I might have been wrong, but it was a plausable argument.

Contact him at Alfonso@eatmyassyou16yearoldtool.com

pokewowplayer1 said:
You didn't give one example of what was "wrong" with the flick. You state he threw everything out the window. What? Tell me what he threw out the window. Everything I saw was par for the course with the Harry Potter films. The only thing I didn't agree with was that he didn't bring the naked chick from Y Tu Mama Tambien to give Harry and Ron Wizard sex lessons.

Poke

lol... He just essentially changed the geography.. but it did break continuity. Hey, Chris Columbus & Jk Rowling loved it so I don't see why people are getting so touchy about it. He's a creative guy, he obviously had a different vision for it. The film 'a little princess' is a story like 'harry potter', orphaned child, magical undertones etc..

But I agree with poke, it would've been interesting to tie in some of that good old 'Y tu mama tambien' action.. but that would be illegal.. lol

OMG HARRY POTTER ROCKED!!

In my opinion it was (& I quote what I said when it finished) 800 000 times better than the first 2!!

I mean, seriously dude, what was actually wrong with it?

The acting was better, the effects were better, the set's were better.. it was.. better!!

Back