Is there any film director around?

Hello:

I have to interview a Film Director for a school project. There are only 10 questions, which won't take too much time to answer.

Can anyone help me please? The project is due this Friday.

Here are the questions:

1. What kind of movies do you direct (genre)?

2. Name some of the films or works you have directed.

3. How many years have you been directing movies?

4. How long does it take to make a movie?

5. What is one of the most difficult decisions that you have had to make as a film director?

6. What are the most common problems that a film director has to face?

7. Do you feel that you have accomplished your goals in your career?

8. How long did it take you to become successful?

9. Have you bee working on some new project recently?

10. What is your goal or aspiration for the next couple of years?

There isn't a right or a wrong answer, so don't be afraid to answer.

If your don't want to answer here, this is my email : mackiepg@earthlink.net
:wink:

Claire said:
Here are the questions:

5. What is one of the most difficult decisions that you have had to make as a film director?

1. Comedies, action, period, dramas... all kinds

2. BITTER OLD MAN, THE LINE OF MASCULINITY, NEW WORLD, LICENSE EXAM, and several others

see www.sonnyboo.com for more

3. 4 years

4. How long does it take to build a house? Some movies take longer to make than others. It's impossible to answer the question in a broad sense.

5. To fire an D.P. in the middle of a shoot. It was not working, and it had to be done. Horrible job, but it was in the best interest of the movie.

6. How to get what's in your head onto a screen without breaking the bank

7. I am accomplishing my goals as I set them for myself. I raise the ar evertime I make a movie

8. Define successful... It took 2 years to start making movies that had more good than bad, and I'm not rich or anything, but I am very happy witht he "successes" i have had.

9. Yes. My first feature film.

10. To complete my first feature film, sell it and make my 2nd feature film.

----------------------------------------------

About award winning filmmaker Peter John Ross & Sonnyboo Productions – Founded in 1999, Sonnyboo short films have played on 3 continents and at over 50 film festivals worldwide. Projects directed by Peter John Ross appear on Bravo UK, Tech TV, National Lampoon Networks, Movieola the short film channel, & The “U” Network. Sonnyboo films and Peter John Ross have been noted in such publications as RES Magazine, Ain’t It Cool News, Camcorder & Computer Video magazine, Film & Video Magazine, LA Weekly, Film Threat, the Village Voice, & Internet Video Magazine. More info is available at the award winning site www.sonnyboo.com

I'd be glad to answer your questions. Would you answer two questions for me?

What school is this for?
What class is this for?

Thanks!

1) Lots of different styles, last feature "No Place" was British Neo Social Realism, the next one will be a Sci-Fi, the one after that an intellectual thriler

2) I won't bother with the shorts, one feature "No Place" currently still in post (rough cut vs 1 finished, another two weeks to go on next cut)

3) Four Years (12 years pervious expereince directing radio and theatre

4) About Three years

5) Whether to stick with it as an indie or sell myself out to TV (stuck with it)

6) Budget problems/People Problems (Not enough money, person who can't do/deliver what they said they could)

7) Some of them, I've still a huge list left to do though

8) I can't answer this one, because it's all about how you measure sucess. I've won loads of awards for my writing and for my films, I earn pretty good money as a director, I enjoy what I do, I've nearly completed my first feature. I guess there are some sucesses amoungst that. However, the next picture will always be better, so I don't know about this question.

9) A feature in preproduction, one in post and one in development.

10) To make the next two pictures and make stupidly large amounts of money in the process

Back