Best m. card for hacked GH2?

Hello,

I read that you need a very fast memory card, in order to use a high bitrate patch on GH2. Without one, the camera will not be able to write this and could turn into error states.

Can somebody help me telling which specific card I need?

Thank you!

I'd suggest the Sandisk Extreme class 10 64gb 95mbps: http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Extreme-64GB-SDXC-Memory/dp/B005LFT3UW

I have this with the Drfitwood Mysteron hack and never had it crash yet, although if you record long scenes, say over three minutes, when you stop recording leave enough time (about a minute depending) for the camera to write to the card before playing back otherwise playback may crash but the file is still good just you won't be able to view until you upload to PC.

Other than that the card is great.

Last edited:
Wow dr., quite expensive. Specially because I need to buy two cards.

But if even writing on this card the camera takes a time to work, makes me think if 45mb/s will be enough for this.

Wow dr., quite expensive. Specially because I need to buy two cards.

But if even writing on this card the camera takes a time to work, makes me think if 45mb/s will be enough for this.

Top Intra hacks may require top cards so really it depends which hack you are going for. E.g Spammybitch up worked fine on my 16gb 30mbs. However Sedna was unstable. So I bought a 32gb
45mbps thinking it would be enough and it was worst than my 16gb. Honestly. So I researched and found a similar problem amongst GH2 hack users with sandisk 32gb 45mbps cards.

So like I said, depends on the hack but mid range hacks like spanmybitchup can easily be run on 30mbps cards.

Last edited:
Back