How do you want to be remembered?

On the issue of being type-cast...

• I could live with that! Just think, someone looks up <genre> in the dictionary and there's my pictur

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Well, you know... I probably perform better at certain genres that really interest me, but I can do

• I am an "artiste". I partake of the craft in ways that never seem tired, to everything I do.

• I got ya "type-cast" right here, buddy! (Wave fist threatingly)

• Total voters
Some people make reputations for themselves, over time.

Some as great/lousy director... others as great/lousy sci-fi director.

Some as great/lousy actor... others as great/lousy horror actor.

Some as great/lousy producer... others as great/lousy documentary producer.

Soooo.... it may well happen to you. Being relegated to a category. How would that really make you feel?

Zen,
Im a "All Around" Director. Drama, horror, Comedy... whatever.

Im not very artsy... I prefer that my work fit in with others... not stand out.

Thanks

That sounds like option 3 on the poll above ;)

Good enough for all occasions, but artistic enough to bring something non-cliched each time?

Unless, of course, that is type-casting as a "#3"... hmmm. \:D/

Yeah, I'd have to say maybe option #2 for me as well. I'm a crafty artist and there are somethings that I like to do more than others, but I'm always willing to open up to new things.

I vosted as an actor. I can do more than one genre, but I'm not that good at most types of comedy. Basically the only comedy I can do well is taking a somewhat dramatic piece and playing it in a funny way. Playing around witht eh character, timing, tones and attitude can work well. (depending on the piece of course) But I think I'm best in Dramatic roles, although I can do other stuff.

I wanna make something that stands out. Maybe not completely revolutionizing a genre, but something that people will look back at and be like "wow that was pretty damn good."

I just want to tell stories (as a film maker), and help other people realize their visions (as an actor) In the end, it's only entertainment. It's not going to change the world. But maybe it will affect someone somewhere.

But ultimately, I just want fireworks at my funeral.

Id quite like to be remembered for the feeling I give people when they first see my work.
(ie. Pulp Fiction, that gut wrenching moment just BEFORE Butch slashes the pawnshop owner across the belly.
Goodfellas, Joe Pescii ''I am a clown to you, do i amuse you ?''
Heat, The moment just before they walk into the bank.
Fifth Element, the part where we are really with them at the end of the movie when they are trying to open the stones.
Boogie Nights, that montage thats plays to ''God Only Knows'' by the beach boys at the end of the movie, especially when the baby is born.)

I think you get what I mean by now, i wouldnt mind at all being typecast by people for making them feel unforgettably tense or elated or scared or whatnot.
For me, i dont remember much from a movie after i walk out of the cinema, i have to wait a few days for it all to come back to me bit by bit. So I remember the feeling I got from the picture instead, that tingly feeling you get from an true epic (and when I say 'epic' im not talking about the movies that use the word epic to describe themselves, like Pirates of The Carribean or The Last Samurai. Im talking about the tingly feeling just before a battle when the leader raises his sword or some sort of moment like that. Spartacus does it best for me)

Anyway I think you get what I mean by now hopefully :)

So no i dont mind being typecast at all as long as its for the right things.

I'm massively ambitious and want to be remembered as the British filmmaker whose company did to Hollywood, what Honda did to Harley Davidson.

Back