Directing Style

hi all... I was sitting here bored and descided to open a new topic.... Tell me, what Is everyones Directing Style (To whom Directing Applys to).

I personally am obsesed with operating the camera, editing the film and Directing it. I really like to get out in the middle of the action and be sure things are captured to my like. I also only use 1 camera.... I never use a "B" or "C" Camera. I always operate this way on my own scripts.

However, when Im hired by a Producer to direct a script from someone else, I'll do as the Producer requests... If he wants me to sit behind a monitor yelling action and cut, I will. but, I really like operating the camera along woth the mix.

I thought it was just cool to find out how everyone Directs films.... To compare myself with others... and to see how others are doing it.

Thanks,
Landon

I'm almost exactly like you, Landon...except that I use more than one camera if I can. I like to use two or three on most stuff, I honestly can't imagine using more cameras than that except on an action sequence...in which case I would want to use as many cameras as possible depending on the action being shot.

Other than that...I also love being involved in every aspect of production. If it's my project, I want it to be MY project and have MY flavor. Of course, if it's not my project then I'll do what I'm told, hehe. BTW, one of my projects, Double or Nothing, I literally did everything. I made the music, shot it, edited it, wrote it, performed in it, etc. That's kind of a one time thing, but it still shows I like to be in every aspect, haha.

Back