Arri 435 Video Assist

Hey guys. Ok, Im renting an Arri 435 35mm camera for a short to be shot in 5 days. I need to know, what Camera mountable monitors will work with the Arri 435 Video Assistant System?

Id really like to use the Panasonic 8.4" LCD panel. But im not sure what "Restrictions" you have on the kind of monitor used... I figured as long as the video assist had the same connection type as the Monitor, that It would work. But, Im not smart on Arri Products. Having filmed my last 3 shorts in Panavision, and the cameras I used never had Video Assist.

Also, About this Video Assist thing... does the CCD see the image through the Film lense just like the film does? Or for instance. Will what im seeing from the Video Assist be what is exactly captured on film? as far as the Image Area Captured?

Thanks!!!
Landon #-o

www.cameraservice.com an arri company

You may find your answer there.

What you will see is what you see thru the viewfinder, so you will see the ground glass aspect ratio, etc...

Scanning

you take the film to a "Telecine" process.... they scan the Film frame with a scanner, and save it as a computer file. By the way, this an godly expensive process... It took $1,000 per hour for every labor hour for me to transfer my last short. so, figure 20min of actual running per labor hour x 3 = 3 hours of labor @ $1,000.00 and hour... So for every hour of Film runing time, its $3,000.00.... Go figure. there are cheaper priocesses... but this is the best way to have it done.

Back