i need help

hey guys i wasnt sure where to post this but i have a question that is really important
for my film i am working with.
Canon MiniDV Camcorder with 3 CCDs and Pixel Shift Technology
Model: XL1S

With impeccable detail and color from three 270K CCDs, this top-notch camcorder is sophisticated enough to tackle serious television production. Flexible features cater to personal tastes.

that is just this little caption it came with^^^
the question i have is when i want to edit can i just take the footage from the camera striaght to the editing program on my computer.please some one help me out.

Yes. All you have to do is connect it to your system with fire wire. Most editing platforms have a preset selection for the device controller for the XL1S (or at least the XL1, and the controllers seem to be the same because I haven’t had any problem substituting one for the other - but I could be wrong). I would suggest looking into getting a dedicated editing deck. The fast forwarding and rewinding of the tape required in capturing puts additional unnecessary wear on your expensive XL. I bought a cheap used ZR10 off ebay, had it brought back up to spec by Cannon, and use it as a portable miniDV vtr, and editing deck. This way if the motors burn out, it only cost a couple hundred. Also, I like having that little screen to play the tapes on for review on set or to show to clients or to catalog tapes on.

Back