• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

HELLFIRE STABILIZER / MONPOD with UPPER & LOWER MOUNTS

HELLFIRE FOR ONLY $100+S&H

Let's face it, hand-held stabilizers aren't perfect. When you purchase one, be it a Glidecam, Steadicam Jr., or a Hellfire, they are still hand-held. But you can acheive some amazing results with them.

There are 2 types of hand-held Stabilizers, the ones with Gimbal Handles (Hellfire, Glidecam, Steadicam), and those without... Those without are simply weighted monopods and are not worth much.

Our Hellfire not only utilizes a Gimbal Handle to absorb shock, it extends as a monopod from 23" - 66". AND, in addition to the quick-release mount on top, you can also mount the camera on the bottom to acheive those cool, along the ground shots that are so popular.

Why pay $499 for a hand-held stabilizer, when you can purchase our hand-made stabilizer for $100, with the additional functionality of a monopod and the low mount.

Check out details at: http://www.digitalevolutionproject.com/hellfire.htm

WARNING

It has come to my attention that a member has ordered this, and has not received it. He has also sent two emails that have not been answered. I have seen complaints on other message boards about the fulfillment of orders regarding this stabilizer. A quick google search finds:

So many people report not getting the product, and now I am one. Will not give live phone number. Wonder why? EMails galore until after you order, then nothing. BEWARE!!

AND

Hi Daniel! I did send you a email at the 1st june to ask you if my order the X-Stabilizer was finally send by air mail to me and didn't get any answer. Could you please answer me!
As I told you I wanted it for june for a project. We are in June, I don't have it yet and I am a bit worry about your non answer to my emails........
Please contact me the soonest possible.
Thanks

AND

I also had the some problem. This seems to be a scam. Sorry
you also got caught.

And more...

I suggest you take care of your pending business with our own Zensteve.

We had an issue with one of our suppliers, which is finally solved. We will be filling all of the orders that have already been placed, but will not be taking any new orders.

We are very sorry about the delays that have occured, while those who have placed orders have been waiting for what they paid for, we have also been waiting for the monopod component that we paid for. As I said, we will fill the orders out there but will not be taking any new ones... it's too much of a pain to keep on top of suppliers in order to build the units.

We will be including a bunch of bonuses along with the units. Again, we are very sorry for the delays.

As to emails, as far as I'm aware, we have responded to all email requests for info about delayed shipping. If someone has not received an email back, please have them email allproducts@digitalevolutionproject.com

Well these problems seem to go back awhile, and you always seem to have an answer. Please send out Steven Richards' (member Zensteve) order, or if you cannot fulfill the order in a timely fashion, refund his money, in order to salvage your reputation in our little indie community. I'm sure you will do the right thing and we will not have to mention this again.

:)

Wow, that was fast! :shock:

Would have seen this a bit sooner, but was updating my profile message with some important information over at IndieClub. :wink:

I'll be popping off another e-mail later tonight. Hopefully we can get it straightened out.

Okay, going straight to napalm-mode.

Mods will most likely change the language I use in this (as they should). I just hope I don't get banned in the process.

-----------------

Look here, you fucking polesmoker.

Ship me my damn Hellfire. I don't give a rat's ass about any "bonuses" being tossed in to assuage angry customers about sloppy/shoddy service and broken promises.

Here's a copy of my last reply from Daniel Martone, head of the Los Angeles chapter of IndieClub...

Steven,

I was contacted via Indie Talk. They said you had been sending us emails
regarding you order.

We are very sorry about the delay. We had an order placed with Vanguard for
the monopod components, after receiving our payment, they informed us that
they were out of stock and we would have to wait until a new order came in.
We had already assembled and painted the units except for this piece.
Vanguard contacted us last week, saying that they would be shipping out the
shipment to us. They told us it would go out on Thursday, but we checked
today and they went out this morning. We should have them by the beginning
of next week. We will complete the assembly and ship it out to you, no later
than the 27th.
We will include some bonuses to help make up for the delay.

Again, we are very sorry for this delay. We have decided to discontinue
building these once we are caught up on orders.

Daniel

The 27th mentioned above is July. I'm still waiting, jackass! Fuck, I'm still waiting on a reply to my courteous e-mail that I sent on August 1, asking for something as simple as a damn status update!

"Sorry, Steve. Slight hiccup... oops. Delayed." - I could live with that as a reply. I just get stone-cold silence 'til I raise a shitstorm on messageboards where it counts against your pocketbook.

...and what's up with this crap?!

ripped_off.jpg

$100 for the Hellfire, plus shipping for $20 in the continental United States? That makes it $120 total, yes? Say it ain't so!

Okay, you did say it ain't so!

Steve,

Send a Cashier's Cheque for $140.00 to:

Daniel Martone
***Street address removed***
Arcadia, CA 91006

The item will be sent via UPS Ground - see the site for details.

Well, that's my own fault for not noticing the $20 discrepency right there, I guess. At any rate, with that ZIP (which I punched into my UPS Worldship software), at $40 for shipping that Hellfire weighs over 90 pounds! Of course, the *real* cost of shipping is less than $5, being so close to Arcadia. Nice $35 handling fee for an item that doesn't even appear to fucking exist!

(The *real* cost based on an estimated 8lb package)

I guess the 9 - 14 business days to "build" may be accurate... sure as hell doesn't mention anything about a realistic shipping-time on top of that! I suggest changing that to "9 - 14 days to build it... whether you actually get it is anybody's guess, sucker!".

---------------

Am I banned yet? :)

DigitalEvolutionProject
smiley_burn.gif

(p.s. I am normally very nice :) )

Hmmm... sure doesn't look good.

Sorry to see you've gotten the shaft on this one, Zen.

Filing a complaint with the local Better Business Bureau would expand the "audience to be cautioned" about this company's inability to deliver.

Back