• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

First time director seeking short scripts ($80.00)

I'm bumping your thread, Angel, because I want to properly welcome you to Indietalk and express how happy I am to see a young lady, with a sincere interest in making movies, join us! I believe there will be a couple peeps responding to your request, especially since you've offered a nice little payment in exchange.

Have fun and enjoy the forum!

Hey, Angel, I may have a script for you. Involves exactly what you want: 2 boys, 2 girls. Do you have access to a bookstore or library? If not, I could re-work the story a bit.

The premise is a guy having his first day after a break-up. He meets a girl in the bookstore and then runs into the ex and her new guy.

I'm bumping your thread, Angel, because I want to properly welcome you to Indietalk and express how happy I am to see a young lady, with a sincere interest in making movies, join us! I believe there will be a couple peeps responding to your request, especially since you've offered a nice little payment in exchange.

Ditto.

Now, I think it's great that you're willing to pay for a screenplay, and if you find someone you think is worth paying for, by all means do it. However, I feel the responsibility to inform you that there are WAY more screenwriters than there are filmmakers, and they want to see their work realized. Point being, there is a plethora of screeplays available for free, some on here, and an almost unlimited amount in the googlesphere.

If you choose to pay someone, I have one question -- do you want people to submit screenplays to you, and then you choose the one you like best? Or, do you want to choose a screenwriter first, and hire them to write something for you. You'll likely get different people contacting you, depending on how you're to choose a screenwriter.

Something I've already written that is yours for the taking -- https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8WjwjWYjfpVNWE5OGMzYTEtYWVlMC00YWMxLThhZWYtNzIwNDUwY2ZlMzdk/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1. Should you want it, you only have to promise that my $80 goes towards special effects (and I have the stipulation that they have to be practical, not CGI). This script could be easily rewritten to fit your cast. :D

EDIT: I just re-read it for the first time in a while. Disclaimer: lots of F-bombs (real big surprise).

Good luck!

Last edited:

Hey Bird,

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, and I can't tell you how glad I am that people are responding, I'm so grateful! I thought for a bit that perhaps this wouldn't work because I wasn't offering enough money, etc, but I'm pleased with the responses so far! I'll def. enjoy the fourm!

Ditto.

Now, I think it's great that you're willing to pay for a screenplay, and if you find someone you think is worth paying for, by all means do it. However, I feel the responsibility to inform you that there are WAY more screenwriters than there are filmmakers, and they want to see their work realized. Point being, there is a plethora of screeplays available for free, some on here, and an almost unlimited amount in the googlesphere.

If you choose to pay someone, I have one question -- do you want people to submit screenplays to you, and then you choose the one you like best? Or, do you want to choose a screenwriter first, and hire them to write something for you. You'll likely get different people contacting you, depending on how you're to choose a screenwriter.

Something I've already written that is yours for the taking -- https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8WjwjWYjfpVNWE5OGMzYTEtYWVlMC00YWMxLThhZWYtNzIwNDUwY2ZlMzdk/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1. Should you want it, you only have to promise that my $80 goes towards special effects (and I have the stipulation that they have to be practical, not CGI). This script could be easily rewritten to fit your cast. :D

EDIT: I just re-read it for the first time in a while. Disclaimer: lots of F-bombs (real big surprise).

Good luck!

Cracker Funk,

Thank you for your reply. I'll be sure to check out what you've provided. And I was thinking that anyone interested could just PM me a brief log-line of their script, and I could choose from there. I'd rather not have people send me their full scripts right away.

-Angel

Hey, Angel, I may have a script for you. Involves exactly what you want: 2 boys, 2 girls. Do you have access to a bookstore or library? If not, I could re-work the story a bit.

The premise is a guy having his first day after a break-up. He meets a girl in the bookstore and then runs into the ex and her new guy.

Yes, I do have access to a library, and I think the premise sounds okay. If you could, PM me and we'll work out the rest of the details.

Back