What would u like to see adapted as a movie?

Just for fun. What book, old tv show, comic book, etc. would you like to see adapted as a movie?

Personally, I'd love to see a real life JEM & THE HOLOGRAMS adaption :)

I would love to write that and have it done with kick ass CGI for Synergy & Jerrica to Jem's transformation...

ok i'm lame. anyways, what about you all?

A friend of mine wrote a book called PARIAH, you can check it out here. It was actually released independently one segment at a time (3 segments). It's a really good read, and I'd love to see it done right on film. He's had some offers, but none that got him jazzed about turning over the rights. I would really like to someday produce the trilogy as a low budget project, but I'm not at a place in my life right now to do that.

Poke

Robert Redford once bought the option on "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenence" by Robert Persig. I guess it's a lifelong ambition to be commissioned to write the screenplay for that.

I would also have liked to have adapted "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas." I really beleive that film could only sucessfully be made as animation.

My favorite childhood story were the Chronicles of Narnia and I just finished re-reading all 7 of them while in school. I would love to see it adapted onto the Big Screen. (Of course, I would love to be a part of the Art Department crew that gets to work on it!)

oh yeah, I didn't know about that! But, I was hoping maybe they could break the entire story down kind of like how they're doing Harry Potter b/c The Lion The Witch & The Wardrobe may have been the first book written, but there's so much more to the story then that. Like some of the latter books, especially the last have an interesting twist and explanation for why these magical events happen.

Oh yeah, I have that set, but it's the old British adaptation...I'd like to see a newer version with Peter Jackson's potential.

Disney is hoping that The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe will be suceessful enough to make the CofN a franchise like Harry Potter.

I'm a little dissapointed that this is being made by Disney for two reasons: 1) I always felt like I was born to adapt the chronicles (I'm sure I'm not the only one), and 2) they're gonna Disneyize it probably. At least Shrek director (and a New Zealand native, like PJ) Andrew Adamson will be helming it, hopefully he'll be true to the book.

Poke

pokewowplayer1 said:
Disney is hoping that The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe will be suceessful enough to make the CofN a franchise like Harry Potter.

I'm a little dissapointed that this is being made by Disney for two reasons: 1) I always felt like I was born to adapt the chronicles (I'm sure I'm not the only one), and 2) they're gonna Disneyize it probably. At least Shrek director (and a New Zealand native, like PJ) Andrew Adamson will be helming it, hopefully he'll be true to the book.

Poke

This is so true! I've always wanted to be part of the production for this story if it was ever made, but now it seems I just found out a little too late. I too, hope that they will stay true to the book and make it as realistic as possible and not so childish. Geez, there's just not enough luck to be given to me in this life! Haha!

Well, at least a Kiwi is involved. It's common knowledge that they have a knack for great directing, are extremely intelligent and almost all are tremendously handsome, too!

(Flashes a passport) :P

whoa I had no idea that Disney was going to do that!

There was a Lion, Witch, Wardrobe movie made a long time ago.

I agree, I hope it doesn't come out lame. It would really be cool to breathe new life into that story. Hopefully it works out well! :D

Jonathan said:
What a great idea, and loads of potential sequels!

Yes.. though sadly the "Bill" sequels weren't too good.

If aiming for a Harry Harrison ongoing series to adapt, the "Stainless Steel Rat" would be a better choice.

:cool:

Zensteve said:
Yes.. though sadly the "Bill" sequels weren't too good.

If aiming for a Harry Harrison ongoing series to adapt, the "Stainless Steel Rat" would be a better choice.

:cool:

Already thought of that.... awesome series... I don't know why no-one's attempted it.

Things I would love to see adapted for film:
Primo Levi's If This is a Man - dull in places, but make a tremendous short - what power over words he has.
Eggar's Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius - the great (post)modern novel
Foer's Everything is Illuminated - the other one
and Nation's Rebecca's World - make a great feature, an exciting plot and intellectually stimulating - one for the kids and adults.

i would like to see some computer games take the film scene....i'm talking Doom 3, Pandora Directive and even Half Life... i know this is the nerd in me coming out, but they had some good storys behind them that could also be very visually stunning...

The other thing that i would like to see happen is a movie version of the British seiries Red Dwarf... i heard they were thinking about this concept, but it never left the ground.... oh well at least i have the hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy to look forward too......

I've always thought that Ayn Rand's classic, Atlas Shrugged, would make a great epic.

Seeing what was done to The Fountainhead (I think it was the 40's) made me think twice, though.

Walter_Smidge said:
i would like to see happen is a movie version of the British seiries Red Dwarf... i heard they were thinking about this concept, but it never left the ground....

Walt, apparently its in pre-production using the same old actors. i used to love that show when i was a kid - but it went drastically downhill towards the end, but check it out on imdb.........promising....... :yes:

Back