• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Under Nor Cal trailer

Awesome trailer, man. The music and editing made it so great. You are VERY talented musician, that was a cool song...did you just whip that up for the trailer, or is that a tune you wrote before? Very weezeresque...to me.

Thanks dude, that means a lot. Did you watch it a long time ago, or recently? I ask because there is a tighter cut version up now than there use to be.

Logan, yeah I watched OU uncovered yesterday, did you get that date? Good point Poke, not to fear, in the film the alien returns in more detail.

Yes I will upload it soon and then drop a line on this board when it is up and ready (today?). I love and HATE internet media sometimes.

dudebro said:
Modem: http://www.supssp.com/video/UnderNorCalTrailer-Modem.wmv
Broadband: http://www.supssp.com/video/UnderNorCalTrailer-Broadband.wmv

Yarrrrrr, I ransacked Windows Media Encoder and stole two swarthy encodes of the Under Nor Cal Trailer for the Gates-lovin lot of ya!

So is this your band then? Will you be playing here in the bay? Im orriginally from Alameda myself. They have a club there called Roosters Roadhouse. I worked there a couple times as the door man but just as a fill in for some guy who didnt show.

anyways Im guessing if you play in this kind of band you probably played there. If not, go talk to Joshlynn.

Time out in Concord is another good hole in the wall to play in.

KG -- I recorded all the music in the trailer song myself: drums, gits, bass, vox, keys, um i think that's it, on a 16 track 1 inch tape multitrack Otari. So it's not my band. But I AM in a new band now. A brand new band. Thanks for the Concord and Alameda venue info. Always good to have!

I just wish booking a place for my film to screen was as simple as setting up a show for my band............

dudebro said:
KG -- I recorded all the music in the trailer song myself: drums, gits, bass, vox, keys, um i think that's it, on a 16 track 1 inch tape multitrack Otari. So it's not my band. But I AM in a new band now. A brand new band. Thanks for the Concord and Alameda venue info. Always good to have!

I just wish booking a place for my film to screen was as simple as setting up a show for my band............

What format is the film on? Is it Digital or real film?

What kind of audience are you looking to attract? Your vid was really cool by the way but im confused to what it was. Is it a documentary about bands in northern california, is there a storyline to this or does it have nothing to do with bands but about faultlines :D tell me more.

If its just something you created with music to it you could always throw a rave/festival type thing. Rent out a hall and either rent or buy a Video Projector. They've come down alot in price, although DILA projectors are very very expensive (Like 13 grand and up) You might be able to rent one for a few hundred bucks Im sure and have a real Theatre like affect. A Place in Alameda used to rent the hall out to private parties for like 100 bucks a night.

Im sure you could find something like that and set it up.

The cheaper Projectors at Best Buys are like 800 bucks and the LCD (Though not the best and cant be view with light) have improved alot. Im thinking of getting one for my bedroom just to watch movies.

What's up, I'm new to this forum so I'm probly late but I'll catch up eventually, I really liked the combining of the animation and the real video. I also liked the stylelized drawing style you used on the animation , felt ultra cartoonish, if that's even a real word? Did you do the animation in Flash? Music was nice is that your band?

Toxzy

KG-I am so all about digital projectors. Then I could truly be a one man filmmaking army with production, post production and friggin distribution all able to fit in my trunk. 800 bucks isn't bad either. As for your questions:

What format is the film on? Is it Digital or real film?

I used 16mm, super8, mini-DV, VHS and Hi-8 during the Under Nor Cal produciton, mostly mini-dv and 16mm. I prefer film to video/digital, (like I prefer vinyl to CD).

im confused to what it was. Is it a documentary about bands in northern california, is there a storyline to this or does it have nothing to do with bands but about faultlines tell me more.

Your first hunch is right, it's a music doc about nor Cali bands. The fault line element is explained in the film, the alien is "fault mining" for gold. You can also read more about it at supssp.com/undernorcal

Christopher, Hi and thanks. I haven't got a chance to finish the film you posted recently but so far I love its slow pace and the scene where the bushes move to the side to reveal the cartoonish house...that's fucking rad, the colors are so bright I want to eat them.

Yes we used Flash 5, and the music is me myself and I (scope my last post above for details).

BTW, anybody on this board who wants to swap films, let's do it. I'll send you the Under Nor Cal DVD for one of your gems... holla - johnny@supssp.com

when I said Faultlines.. I obviouslly meant Earthquake faults since it seems to be apart of our existence

Anytime you're in the bay look me up.. tr0g@comcast.net. I'll come see your show.

Although Im sure you are a private person like myself, it would be nice to interact with people of same interest.

maybe we can work on a project together.

Back