Royalty Fee Music!

Good tracks. You should try ripping them tp MP3 to save on bandwidth and download time. It took a while to get them down.

Okay...that's what they are now...I don't want someone to use the music on their movie if the music sounds low quality, ya know...I'm just gonna leave it the way it is.

MP3's (when encoded properly) maintain 70-90% of the qualities as the original WAVE file, but are 1/10th the file size. They are still high quality. Not as good as *.wav files, but still good enough for professional use.

Most radio spots and even songs you hear on FM radio are transmitted to the radio stations via email in MP3. Drop me an email & I'll send you a freeware MP3 encoder.

>>but still good enough for professional use.<<

Depends on the bit depth and sampling rate. MP3's are an awesome compressed format but I personally prefer to use uncompressed files whenever possible.

I'll test it all out myself and decide...I used Fuity Loops to make the music (I know, it's old). The program will allow me to controll all of that stuff...file size, quality, etc., so I will just toy with it and find the best alternative when I have time. Thanks guys. If nothing else, I'll just leave them the way they are...I have plenty of bandwidth each month. Thanks for the advice guys.

No problem. You will probably find that MP3's will sound just fine. In some cases you can tell and others you can't. It really depends on the dynamic range of the piece.

BTW, FruityLoops isn't half bad :). I have a friend who composes some amazing stuff with that software.

The only time I can tell a serious differnce is with orchestral stuff. There is such a broad range of tonality that some of it has to get chaved off, but RAP and more sythetic sounding stuff already has a limited range (in most cases).

Again, mostly for the interest of Internet and downloading for people with 56K modems (which still exist), you'll get more business with the MP3's than WAVE files.

Back