• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Emily's Diary- Horror Short Film

Alright... I've been deciding if I should post this or not but what the heck. :D
Here's a short horror film I did very recently. It was submitted to an online horror short film fest by BlackBox TV (Im not sure if you guys have heard of them on youtube). But because it was such a short notice, I didn't have time to gather my cast and crew. So everything here was done by me with some help with my bro.

Constructive criticisms are always welcome!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiwstKraygM&nomobile=1

Dude, there's a 90-second commercial to watch before it even starts. :(

Seriously?! 90 second?! Well, looks like monetization works. LOL. I've been fooling around with it the other day and I didn't know it actually did it. Did it offer you to skip ad? 'Cause if not, that would be horrible of them to do.

Anyways, did you actually got to watch the film? Or just closed it? lol.

I was given the option of skipping the ad, after watching it for 5-seconds (which is kinda standard these days). When I saw that your video is 6-minutes long, I opted-out, but only because I have a friend waiting for me to jump on the Xbox with. I look forward to watching your video later. :)

Nice effort, but it leaves a lot to be desired.

Yeah, that's what people say on youtube. On here, if you're going to critique, it's polite to add at least one small detail of how you think they could improve.

Justin, that's a solid effort. There are a couple things that kinda jumped out at me. First, the script is a little too expository. Don't forget that filmmaking is a visual medium. Don't tell us, show us. Also, I felt like the lighting was kinda weird. It looked like you shot day-for-night during
the dream sequence
. No need for that. Day-for-night is what you do when shooting big open spaces, and thus you can't properly light it at night. Inside a house, you control lighting, so you can make it look like night.

Good luck in the competition! :)

Playing some COD on Xbox? LOL.

Thanks for the feedback Cracker! The film was a bit rushed so I gotta give you that, especially the script. Because of the short notice, I just had to whip something up fast.

Also, I didn't do Day-for-night. The house was a actually pitch dark (shooting a horror alone? it's freaking scary man. lol) and just used an LED brick to light the film. I'm not very good at lighting for night so I had to improvise and because of your feedback, I guess I need to work on it and find out the best way to light at night :))

Thanks again! I really appreciate it.:cool:

Back