• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

"The Girls on Liberty Street" on Kickstarter

Hello All,

I am producing my second micro-budget feature. My first, south loop, was Official Selection of the Seattle True Independent Film Festival and is now available on DVD.

My new film is The Girls on Liberty Street. Set in Aurora, Illinois, the story follows BRIANNA, a recent high school graduate, during the seven days between enlisting for the Army and shipping out for basic training. During those seven days she will try to get her life in order before leaving her hometown at least for now, and maybe forever.

We are casting all local non-actors and improvising the story from an outline to help create as much of a documentary effect as possible. The Aurora Beacon News recently profiled the movie.

We now have a Kickstarter campaign to raise the remainder of our production budget.

Please contribute whatever you can and help spread the word for The Girls on Liberty Street. Every dollar truly counts.

Thanks,
John Rangel
Director/Producer
The Girls on Liberty Street

Back