• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Long Road Out Of Town - Part 1

What are they going to do with that gun? What are they going to do with that gun? What are they going to do with that gun? What are they going to do with that gun? What are they going to do with that gun? What are they going to do with that gun? What are they going to do with that gun?

Nice work, guys :)

Thanks Zensteve, I lingered on that wide shot as long as I did just so that cut would be more IN YOUR FACE.. I think it worked.

FYI: (for ROC) I did all the sound design last night, used mostly the free adobe library and a few samples from freesound.org. The hardest was the slide and stop. Not quite sure it works as well as I would like.. Some of the sounds from that free library were perfect, the gear shift and the key turn were pretty good. Needs a few more layers .. but meh..

Looks good!

My motivation in making a "Part 1" is to get the talent their reel material ASAP. Seeing how I don't even KNOW one of the actresses last name! DOH!

Jessica gave me two cards, each with a different last name. When we do ADR, I'll ask her how she wants her credit to read.

Very interesting, guys.
Looks good.

Any particular reason for the blink cut between the credits and the truck stopping?

Love that wind audio, BTW.

Rayw:

Its an attempt to emotional manipulate the viewer... In the previous two cuts I set up an expectation that a new land scape shot is coming after the fade to black.. but NO.. I drive a truck right at your face.. JUMP BACK SUCKA.. :D FYI: The black is much shorter then the previous two dips..

I like the aforementioned cut. If anything, I think you could hasten it just a tad. I would also perhaps play with speeding up the footage, just a little bit, to make it feel like the truck has come to a screeching halt.

I like all of this. Nice work, one and all! I'm definitely intrigued to see the rest.

Okay, Wheat - today, I grabbed some ADR from Jessica and Sheila, and we shot the flashback scene. Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSh8L2815Qo

Back