• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Film Campaign

Hey everyone!

My name is Ziyad Saadi and I very much wanted to reach out to the people of IndieTalk. I'm currently producing a short film entitled "Rebirth" that deals with the gay and transgender community and the terrible social injustices that occur within. Below is a synopsis of the film:

"Rebirth" is a thrilling suspense story and a harrowing look at the struggles of a transgender. As Robert White wakes up in a motel with no idea how he got there, he finds himself trapped inside his room and suddenly begins having hallucinations of people from his past, all of whom accuse him of murdering his former self in cold blood and ultimately send him on a desperate mission to rescue the little girl trapped in the next room.

The film deals specifically with the transgender community, which is too seldom seen in films today. Though I am neither gay nor transgender, I am certainly an advocate for equal rights and so is everyone on my cast and crew.

As of now, we are still in the pre-production phase and in the process of raising as much money as we can to make the film. We’ve begun a campaign on indiegogo recently and we were hoping to reach out to people who would sympathize with the cause that we’re trying very hard to promote. If you take the time to check out our link below, you will certainly get a sense of the ambitiousness of our project and our passion for the cause:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/92477?a=539893

We understand that you may not be able to contribute to our film, but we were hoping that you could take the time to encourage others to contribute and point us in the right direction as to who else could help our film.

We feel that we have something very special here and with as much financial contribution as we can get, what is presently a great script could undoubtedly become a great film that can benefit not only the LGBT community, but the independent filmmaking community in general.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Sincerely,

Ziyad Saadi

You won't be getting much funding from other filmmakers as we're all looking for funding for our own projects as well.

If you're a non-profit entity, I suggest you approach TG organizations for a few bucks . . . you're likely not to get anything from LGBT organizations as the "T" is sadly far removed from the LGB. You're not likely to get donations from TG people either as most of them aren't in a position to give, and if they are, they're likely saving for SRS.

Allies of TG people are your best bet.

Good luck!

Back