• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Script Writer For Hire

Hello,

So some of you may know me from around the forum, I've been here some time now. I have one film currently in pre-production and have written a whole load of scripts.

I am offering my services to those out there who want a script written for them. I understand that not everyone enjoys writing or has the time to write. I however love it and have plenty of time to do so.

You can find out more here plus how to contact me.

http://www.spencerbarrettfilms.co.uk/script-writing.php

Thank you

Spencer

Hi Spencer,

RE: You sample script…

Please don't hate me for this feedback. But I'm a bit bothered by the following character description.
KATY (late teens/early 20’s)
I seems like it has to be one or the other. 23 yrs old is "early 20's, 19yrs is late teens. That's a very different set of years even though it's only a diference of 4. Imagine saying KATY (12-16 yrs) A twelve year old and a 16 year old are TWO entirely different casting age groups. That being said, for casting purposes I would pick "early 20" leaving the part open to more actresses. hope that helps.
Best of luck

Imagine saying KATY (12-16 yrs) A twelve year old and a 16 year old are TWO entirely different casting age groups.
But 18 and 22 are not.

I have always felt that putting the age or age range is tricky
unless the age is essential to the story and there is no way
for the reader to know based on how the character acts in
the script. 12 to 16 would be a problem as would 5 to 12,
but late teens/early 20's didn't strike me as entirely different
age groups.

She's somewhere between barely legal to not quite ripe.

That 17/18 threshold is only relevant when the law is involved.
Otherwise, split the difference...

Code:
[FONT="Courier New"]KATY, 20, law student extraordinaire,... [/FONT]

... would have sufficed.

So much changes from script to screen that such things frequently don't even matter.
They only suggest a base to start from or a direction to go in.

Last edited:
Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. I see what you mean rayw, the main reason for me putting the age like that was so that I didn't limit myself in casting. I wanted to be able to go with whoever fit the role best.

the main reason for me putting the age like that was so that I didn't limit myself in casting. I wanted to be able to go with whoever fit the role best.
You are aware, of course, that if you wrote "KATY, 20" you
aren't limiting yourself at all. You can hire a 19 year old or a 22
year old. If you saw a 30 year old that was older than you originally
envisioned but found that actor to be perfect, you could still cast
her. In a way, not mentioning age or age range at all is less limiting
than writing "late teens/early 20's".

I think mentioning age or age range doesn't matter in a script. I think
it can even cause issues like the one finderskeepers mentioned. Unless
it's essential to the story or not easily understood by my script I leave
out age. I have found that to be even less limiting in casting.

That's some pretty sound advice Directorik, it sounds good to me, I'll definitely keep it in mind when I'm writing my next script. Thank you

Back