• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch THE BEAST (werewolf film) starring Bill Oberst Jr!

I had 600 bucks and one night, but based on the strength of my past work I was able to get Bill Oberst Jr in the lead role for this short horror film. My ode to the classics.

Enjoy "The Beast" and let me know your thoughts!

Link: http://youtu.be/2dKecixJico

-------------------

If you like what you see, follow along with my work! I love keeping up with other filmmakers and fans of film!

Website: www.dreamseekersprods.com (two new projects being added to website and reel)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dream-Seekers-Productions/172920942773026

Twitter: www.twitter.com/dreamseekerfans

Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dukeslighthouse?feature=mhee

Nice piece of work, Just shows that you don't need lots of gore to make a good horror film. Acting was first class.

This was not even my kind of movie, but I enjoyed it all the same. The guy playing the father has a wonderful "look" in general. Weathered and genuine. :yes:

yeah, bill was awesome. i got lucky and cast him just when he was blowing up. i doubt i could get him six months from now. the rest of the cast delivered too. got lucky with them too. they were father and son in real life. very good guys.

the acting helped covered up some other problem areas that are sometimes inherent in budget films this low on the scale:)

would love to see some more (practical effect) werewolf films out there.

Wow

This was amazing. the acting was great and I thought the way that you used the lighting was just fantastic. I'm also glad you didn't shy away from showing the werewolf because I think that really increased the production value of your film.

agreed. we wanted to be careful how we exposed the wolf (obviously we didn't have any stan winston-esque fx to play with), but we definitely wanted to show SOMETHING.

oh and by the way, Bill plays the lead role in ABRAHAM VS. ZOMBIES, coming out any time now. Keep an eye out for him. he tends to get crazy disturbing roles, so it was nice to give him the chance to try something new for my film.

the acting helped covered up some other problem areas that are sometimes inherent in budget films this low on the scale

Definitely the strongpoint of this movie. Also, some great use of a fairly simple lighting setup, as you explained on Youtube:

We shot it on a Canon 7D with a PL adapter so we could use Zeiss Super Speeds. Aside from that, we used a Canon 5D with a basic Canon zoom for a few clips. Had just one large light to emulate the moon, then a couple of small fillers with some blue/green gels. Tweaked the color in post to nail down the proper look

I watched this movie sometime ago. Twice. Left a 'two' thumbs up. Very well done. I highly recommend all on IndieTalk to give this short film a view. Really brought back that 1940's horror film 'feel'. Hope that was your goal. Cause you did it extremely well. Like to see what you could do with a 1950's science fiction reboot.

Only negative, not scary (none of the old horror films ever did scare anyone but small children). But once again, very well made.

to be sure, a more beefed up monster would have helped boost the "scare" factor. i think this film was more of a psychological film than a straight up monster picture. that being said, would i have liked to create an awesome monster worthy of stan winston himself? YES. perhaps one day...

i disagree. of course i'm the filmmaker so my opinion doesn't count here ahaha!

there are of course good things and bad things about the film. i have yet to hear from anyone that it was dragging. then again, i also had one reviewer for an online magazine thrash the fact that she believed the film took place in the mid 1850's (not sure why she came up with such a specific time period) but the lead actor is obviously wearing a long underwear type shirt, which wasn't invented until the 1920's (or whatever), thus my preparation for the film was unacceptable. i was like, really?? of all thing things you could justifiably come down on it for...you pick THAT?

much obliged. it's not perfection, to be sure, but most seem to get a kick out of it.

if you guys like that film, check out some of my other films (website below). all just for fun. we've got psychos, ghosts, scarecrows, zombies and goblin galore! dream seekers productions. we're on facebook and twitter too. more crazy films coming down the line.

www.dreamseekersprods.com

would liked to have had more foley, but we made it work. their were audio issues galore. goats, owls, planes, 18 wheelers blasting down a highway like five miles away (but we were in a valley, and sound travels....oh yes) and, most annoyingly, a wild party full of bikers (roaring engines and bottles being thrown and broken) that ran deep into the night. we were in the middle of nowhere mind you. how it happened that such a party would be planted in a field or something nearby is beyond me.

Back