• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "The Right To Sadness" - A Short Drama

Hey all,

I just finished up my short drama "The Right To Sadness". This was going to be my entry into the Your Film Festival contest, alas I did not realize the close time was 12am...GMT. But, oh well. There will be other contests. I would very much appreciate honest feedback and criticisms, let me know what you think, good or bad :)

"High school classmates reunite after a long period of separation and discuss their mutually involved past."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C662ld-Z6xM

Thanks!
- Tommy

Nice. The handheld works quite nicely for this content. The film is quite nice to look at overall. That sunset shot, for example. I was feeling sort of like some of the conflict/drama/acting felt a bit forced, a little over-amped. But the fact is that that last Emily Dickinson thing/ interaction got me. I unexpectedly teared up. Maybe I'm just an old softy. But more than that I think it's just good filmmaking. =)

Thanks so much, I'm glad it was able to reach you like that. It's probably one of the best complements I could get.

I agree with you about it being a bit forced and/or over-amped. It was one of the biggest things I was concerned with while shooting and especially in post when I was editing, I'm glad it didn't ruin the film for you though :)

- Tommy

I also have to say that your film really sells the Panasonic AF100. Looks very nice. Really seems like a good choice of camera.

And, I say this without conceit or condescension, in case you might think so, and being completely aware that it's written by someone who is not himself even a filmmaker, that it seems like we are seeing you geniunely grow as a filmmaker. It's really nice, and even thrilling to see. =)

I also have to say that your film really sells the Panasonic AF100. Looks very nice. Really seems like a good choice of camera.

And, I say this without conceit or condescension, in case you might think so, and being completely aware that it's written by someone who is not himself even a filmmaker, that it seems like we are seeing you geniunely grow as a filmmaker. It's really nice, and even thrilling to see. =)

Thanks again! In regards to selling the camera, I just wish I had another crew person for some diffusion so it wasn't so darned overexposed in some shots. But, I'm glad the image still held up even in spite of that. It really is a great camera.

And thank you for that...it's probably one of the best compliments I've received. If I've grown at all it's due in no small part to people such as yourself who give helpful and constructive feedback :)

Back