• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Bad Signs - Spec Trailer

My producer needed a trailer for my upcoming feature film to show around at Film Com in a few weeks. We haven't started shooting yet, so we had to go out and rush through a trailer shoot... which turns out is a lot of work!

So here is the spec trailer for my upcoming feature, Bad Signs. The film is a comedy about advertising sign holders, but with quite a few tricks up our sleeves! This was done with no money or equipment, but the actual film has a budget and will be very polished.

Thanks for viewing!

http://vimeo.com/39609301 <--The vimeo looks better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5T9WzHBOGY

Last edited:
Interesting trailer, I can picture that as a short film, but struggled to get the feel that it was a feature film. I thought it was well made, just I would probably need a little more to make me go to sit through a feature :)

Interesting trailer, I can picture that as a short film, but struggled to get the feel that it was a feature film. I thought it was well made, just I would probably need a little more to make me go to sit through a feature :)

There's a lot more to it. Only one quick hit of the trailer is in the third act, most of this is set up stuff. Just hard to get all of that put into a quick (1 day shoot) spec trailer! :)

Last edited:
Looks like there's some potential for humor there and a lot of the performers look like they have some comic chops. Love the premise.
I'd like to suggest you go with a straight V/o, perhaps you don't know, but literally every student film ever made in the Western Hemisphere begins with a guy waking to an alarm clock. Every first time script also begins that way.

I'll vouch for Chris that the screenplay is far more dense than might be implied by the trailer. There is actually a pretty sophisticated plotline involved. It's not just a "one-joke" piece, as it could easily have been.

(Full disclosure: I'm involved in this production)

I'll vouch for Chris that the screenplay is far more dense than might be implied by the trailer. There is actually a pretty sophisticated plotline involved. It's not just a "one-joke" piece, as it could easily have been.

(Full disclosure: I'm involved in this production)

Sophisticated? You've gone too far, sir.

I made a bunch of tweaks and edits to the trailer. It should be quite a bit tighter now. Hope everyone enjoys.

Back