• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch People (Short Film)

Hello,
I made this short film recently for a local competition, it didn't turn out as well as I hoped because of the rushed foley and we didn't have time to apply filters. Anyway if you could give it a watch and leave some constuctive criticism, it would be appreciated (I'm not looking for anything specific, just your general thoughts).

Cheers :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLPGXF91jak

The footage looks nice. Still, I have no idea what in the world the story was and at about 1 minute, the effect of the nice imagery was fully expended. It didn't grab my attention at all. I waited for something to happen and nothing really notable ever did.

My own skills are weak so take my opinion for what little it may be worth.

I agree somewhat with 'Powerkicker' in that I wasn't really sure what the film was about. The focus was nice, and most of the shots were well composed. Right near the beginning I think you did break the 180 degree rule, which provides a little bit of confusion.

The point of the film is that it's not really about anything, it's simply a look at 3 peoples lives. Although each of the 3 segments do have a metaphorical message but maybe I didn't show that enough.

As for breaking the 180 degree rule, I'm pretty sure that I don't, but I might come close to breaking it at points...

Thanks for the comments!

Back