• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Chameleon - Sci Fi Short Film - 5 min

Starring James C. Burns (Call of Duty: Black Ops). Based on a story by science fiction author Colin Harvey. 5 min.

https://vimeo.com/38764613
Password: Chameleonlives (Case sensitive)

Would love feedback. Also, if you like the film, please vote / comment for us here:

http://shortoftheweek.uservoice.com/forums/134313-submit-a-film/suggestions/2695934-chameleon

Thanks!

o9mq8w.jpg

wtvgxg.jpg

1eapll.jpg

Last edited:
I am digging it! The ending was a surprise for me. The two main actors were every convincing. The black guy who briefed her was less so.

Pretty cool. Reminded me of the Outer Limits episode, "Quality of Mercy".

Was this a one-shot standalone short, or a test for something larger?

Very groovy. :cool:

Well done. As good as anything I`ve seen on the sci fi channel and better than a lot of it.
Like Zensteve I`d like to know if there is anything else in then pipeline?

Thanks guys. To answer your question, we hoped it would serve as both a standalone short as well as the beginning of a larger story set in a post-invasion world.

Pretty decent production values.

- personal opinion: I don't care for "up the nostril" shots. My problem, I know. Just saying.
- the shot of the metal garage entry door is off-level. Gotta watch these things.
- a little scifi intro, drama, drama, drama, close with some scifi FX. Guess which part I skipped with the click of the mouse? Gotta dribble that scifi stuff throughout.

That said, for better or worse, I agree with Ceolwulf. "As good as anything I`ve seen on the sci fi channel and better than a lot of it."

Well done! Acting was tight. Husband has an Ed Harris quality.

Not sure if it's my MacBook screen, but the exposure seemed a tad dark to me. But probably looks fine on another monitor.

The shot of the bright white light coming through the garage doors was my least favorite. Contrasted against the opening FX shot that looks pro, it didn't hold up IMO.

More on the way?

Well done. The acting was good. I liked the flying ships in the beginning. The idea behind this was good too. Just wish there was more. It was just starting to get interesting when it ended.

Back