• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Minutes (Short)

Just realised I never got round to posting this… http://vimeo.com/36770637

(Radio 4 listeners may recognise our lead actress's voice from elsewhere.)

Looks great, very nicely and cleanly shot.

Cool concept although I was a little confused. If it hadn't been titled MINUTES then I would've assumed that they were, somehow, scripting what was being said above, rather than just making a record of it.

But other than that slight confusion (and the dialogue was a tiny bit clunky at the beginning) I thought it was a really good and very professional looking short. So well done! :)

Thanks for your comments chaps!

I agree with you about the confusion, Nick - as you may have noticed from the credits it was writing by committee to a certain extent, which I think probably didn't helped… I'm currently in the planning stages of another short with the same director and producer, which will hopefully give us a chance to get everything a little tighter!

Well shot, Ollie. Great to see a lot of extras in the scenes. Always helps sell "reality."

The script's twist/reveal that their conversation was being documented was a head-scratcher for me, felt like it needed another twist or reveal to come full circle, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the technical work.

** there's also a good chance I can't see the narrative forest for the trees and that's nobody's fault but mine ;) I can be a bit daft!

Last edited:
Very nice. I also didn't get that their conversations were being documented rather than created until Nick clarified that. But in any case I enjoyed it either way.

Nice film and well shot. I did initially think their actions and words were being `directed`from below,shades of Adjustment Bureau, although the name should have given that away.
Interesting idea though and nice to see part of Sheffield being used.

Regarding shooting Sheffield pubs, maybe someone should do a short on the effects on drinking a `roger and out` at the frog and parrot :)

Beautiful cinematography, Ollie.
Very nice.
Consistently, each and every shot.

So many of the works shown here have lighting all over the place, overwhelmingly too dark, but these were all perfect.
The light rack focusing was executed well, too.

Four left-to-right track shots in a row for the first interior pub sequence was an interesting "choice."
Any story there?

How did you land famous actor folks? That's really cool.

I'd like to tell you an elaborate story of famous contacts and backroom wheeler-dealing, but… she was the friend of one of the camera assistants - who studies theatre - and so helped the producer with a lot of the casting.

Minutes is being screened in Sheffield at Showroom Shorts, in the Showroom Cinema on Tuesday the 17th of April. The event starts at 7.30 P.M. and entry is free.

Great short, well shot, well scripted.
I felt like I wanted another shot of the table cutting in as she walked into the room with people typing in to black screens. It would have left me GAGGING for an explanation. Enjoyed nonetheless.

Well done.

Back