Just Wondering

Hey everyone. I was just wondering what some of you thought about some of my favorite movies. Just out of curiousity.....

Reservior Dogs: One of my favorites. Very cheap but nicely done. I have soo much respect for QT.

Pulp Fiction: Again on the cheap side. QT has this knack for making a million dollar film look like a 5 million dollar film. Also this movie was very original, and it helped revolutionize filmaking in the 90s. Also John Travolta owes his career to this film.

Donnie Darko: Very strange. Very Original. Very f***ing kool!!! Really enjoyed watching this movie because it was different then all the other stuff that was being shot out of hollywood.

Bad Lieutenant: One of Kietel"s best films. Great acting in this one. Also very interesting in showing the way a human being can deconstruct during a certain period of time.

So what do u guys think of some of my fav. movies......some of my other ones are Jackie Brown, The Untouchables, Bullitt, and True Romance.

Mr. Blonde said:
Pulp Fiction: Again on the cheap side. QT has this knack for making a million dollar film look like a 5 million dollar film. Also this movie was very original, and it helped revolutionize filmaking in the 90s. Also John Travolta owes his career to this film.

FYI Pulp Fiction's budget was $8 million ... 8 million is a lot easier to work with than 1 million, but I get your point :)

Mr. Blonde said:
QT has this knack for making a million dollar film look like a 5 million dollar film.

I'm not totally disagreeing with you, but did you know that on Kill Bill, QT went WAAAAAAAAAY over budget as well as over schedule. Just some interesting info I read somewhere. That's why they split it into two movies!

Anyway, You have great taste in movies. I love all of those (the ones I've seen). We have the same taste I think.

Good point. I didn't even think of Kill Bill. I read in some magazine he used over a hundred gallons of fake blood in the last couple of scenes when Uma Thurman fought Lucy's 88 henchmen. I also read he wrote a much longer script then expected.

Hahaha, how stupid do i feel? I don't even know why I thought Pulp Fiction was made for 1 million...my bad my bad :blush: :lol:

You have awesome taste in films!! Quentin Tarantino is my freakin hero.

Reservoir dogs kicks ass!! (As you can tell, I'm a fan) Just everything about it is so freakin cool.

Pulp fiction, I love. Travolta was lacking in popularity at that time so it did give his career a major boost. True romance... I liked it but not one of my faves. Jackie Brown was cool, still yet to read the book or whatever it was based on. I liked natural born killers, but it could have been better. Kill Bill vol 1, loved it. Amazing from beginning to 'to be continued', can't wait for vol 2!!!

Donny Drako was... Hmm... strange but enjoyable. Let's just say I haven't looked at smurfs the same way since. My favourite line is "What are feaces?" & the other little girl says "baby mice".

Kietel rules. He was amazing in From dusk till dawn, which is another of my faves (My friend & I have this thing were we say 'the lapdog of satan' line) & Quentins character was so funny, considering the fact that he was a deranged rapist... the plate was a nice touch.

I don't think you're the ONLY one...

I liked it, don't get me wrong. I just llike his others more.

Start a topic: Who prefers Jakie Brown to Tarantino's other works?

& ask for people only to respond if they agree. You'll find some people then.

I particularly liked the soundtrack for Donnie Darko. I liked the movie also.

Jackie Brown was a great flick. I'll rent some of the others you've mentioned.

hmm... i love tarantino and his films a LOT, but i dont think i could sit through Vol. 2 again...somethign about it

hmm... i love tarantino and his films a LOT, but i dont think i could sit through Vol. 2 again...somethign about it

I'm not particuarily a fan of tarantino. Especially his Kill Bill series. It's just seems too shallow to me.

*makes a stabbing motion* Nah, that's your opinion.. I except that *mumbles angrily under breath..*

I liked vol2 more than vol1.. It was more 'tarantino' in my opinion. Of course it's shallow!! It's a take-off!!

But I loved it. & I continue to love it.

Tarantino, I think, is my favorite director of all time. I loved what he said about not making a directors cut for Pulp Fiction because he made the movie the right way the first time. That's the way I want to feel about every movie I make. Whenever I see any of his films I feel inspired to go out and make a movie. And I do like Jackie Brown, I'm not totally sure if it's my favorite though. I loved Kill Bill vol. 1 & 2. They may be a little shallow, but as far as style and bloodshed go, you can't ask for much more. It's perfect if you're if you are looking to be entertained. Anyway. That's all.

I love Kill Bill... Both volumes. I see it as 1 movie.

I saw vol.2 twice opening weekend :)

i liked them both in their own way. I don't even know how many times I've seen Vol.1 -- but it's been a LOT.

Cool, I love finding people that agree with me... None of my friends are Tarantino fans & that kills me. As I've said before: Any fan of Tarantino is a friend of mine.

I think some people just get jealous and envious of his ingenius talents so they can't appreciate it. But, I could be wrong and there could really be people out there who just don't like his style.

I don't dislike his style persay, just the plots. I really like movies that have something to say, a deeper meaning that pure entertainment.

Back