GH2 with FD 28mm f2.8

EDIT: Whops, meant this to go into the Camera And Lenses forum, if an admin sees this please move.

I just uploaded this test video..

https://vimeo.com/37697979

GH2 hacked
Canon FD 28mm f2.8 (older model with metal bayonet ring)

its testing 60i vs 60p for slowmo, but has some 1080@24p footage for compassion..

Watch a fool juggle.

Last edited:
Way to not use traditional objects, so we can't make jokes about you playing with your...

:bag:

Pineapples? O.o

misc-herp-derp.jpg

Wheat, why did you set your shutter speed at 160? Is there some mathematical/cinematic reason for this particular number or was this just trial and error? I am asking because I've gone by the guidelines of setting the shutter at twice the frame rate. By this I mean I normally set my shutter to 50 when shooting 24p or 125 when shooting 60p. So the 160 seemed odd to me. Just trying to figure out what you did there. Thanks for sharing.

Oh and this goes out to any and all who have used Twixtor - is this the same premise that Twixtor uses? Does Twixtor help do this better? Thanks again.

shutter speed is just a looks thing for slow mo.. a 1/4 shutter blurs nicely in real time, but slow it down to slowmo and it LOOKS all smeary and, well blurry..

I would go even higher with the SS until there was NO fame blur.

With the techniques I demonstrated, only the 1080i test uses any interpolation. The 720@60p tests just plays back those 60 progressive frames at 24 frames a second rather than 60.

Twixtor will take your frames and interpolate any number of frames between them that you want, up to 1000's of them I guess. Best practice for twixtor is to run as HIGH a shutter speed as you can with the light conditions. You need to light the heck out of it to get the best results..

see this article.. http://philipbloom.net/2011/09/13/twixtor/

Adorama has a 17 4.0 right now in what they describe as E condition. It's priced at 299.

That's peanuts compared to what they're asking for a 14mm fisheye in E+ condition --1,149. But it is an L lens.

Last edited:
Amazing. I have the exact same collection. All f/2.8 except the 50mm which is a f/1.4. The fast 85's are rare and pricey, too.

Come to think of it, I have that too more or less, my 50mm is a SMC Pentax 1.4 (love it), the 25mm is a Hoyo I think ($25) and the rest are FD's, though I think the 135mm is f2.5.

Back