captured in p but recorded in i

weird...not sure about this.
Captures 24p is 24p...plain and simple right?
Well, vg20 says it captures 24p in the "features" section. however, in "specifications" section it states "eo Resolution : 1920 x 1080 captured @ 30p (29.97p), recorded in AVCHD 60i (59.95i)"

Where as the vg10 says it captures in 30p, but records to 60i.

I know it is important to record progressive, and I wondered what the hell these 2 were actually doing. Progressive or interlaced. I think the VG20 is actually P....but the some of these techincal details are confusing like the above on the resolution.

I am using the search option, but if anyone knows what the hell I am talking about please lemme know.

PEACE-O

24p is 24p...plain and simple right?

There are other cameras that have recorded a pseudo 24fps, as a workaround, inside particular recording codecs.

For example, the Canon HV10 through HV30 all recorded at some bizarre rate intended to be 24fps. It wasn't 'til HV40 that a genuine 24fps setting appeared. The earlier models still touted a 24fps, but it wasn't a genuine framerate. Maybe this is how the VG is recording it?

I'm not much of a camera person, but I bet there's someone here who can explain it more clearly than I can. I know FlickerPictures knows the deal, as we used mixed model HV's on something he did and he went through the whole process, working with two different 24fps settings.

Back