• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Vampire Hunter

Watching it now, looks very well done. At least one dialogue board passed to quickly though and I couldn't see what it read. Where was this filmed and what set up did you use?

The long inter-scene text was set up to flash past so you would not be able to read more then half (it was put on for fun, she mouthed 'what was that').

It was all filmed in Cornwall Between Helston and Redruth

as for what we used to film it on.... the cheapest HD camcorder going, I knew we were going to degrade the footage so there was no real point in using anything fancy!

Well I really enjoyed it. I loved the gritty feel to the landscape and the humour was spot on. Looking at a few more that you have posted on youtube now. Great stuff mate

That wasn't bad at all :cool:

Spend a few bucks on a DIY bounceboard, though. There's several shots where the actors' faces could have used some extra light.

Looks like a fun little project!

It looked like you may have been using the automatic settings on your camcorder for focus and exposure. Those can be easily fooled, especially in shooting conditions such as you were dealing with, and there were occasional issues with each. Maybe for your next project your camera operator can practice using the manual overrides. Every experience is a stepping stone. :)

Yeah we are staying away from the auto settings from now on! (we have been playing with that this week)

@Joey1320 - Lets just call it the 1920's - they are all poor Villagers the guy with the watch (whoops) stole it and lost it again before his next scene, the Vampire's are ageless and they are not fashion conscious about how they appear.

I should have probably covered the radiator and the cable from behind the man reading the modern news paper, ;)

It was fun, it was a little tongue in cheek, it cost us under £30.

but I still would like to hear c&c on the film making, what would you have done differently?

Yeah we are staying away from the auto settings from now on! (we have been playing with that this week)

@Joey1320 - Lets just call it the 1920's - they are all poor Villagers the guy with the watch (whoops) stole it and lost it again before his next scene, the Vampire's are ageless and they are not fashion conscious about how they appear.

I should have probably covered the radiator and the cable from behind the man reading the modern news paper, ;)

It was fun, it was a little tongue in cheek, it cost us under £30.

but I still would like to hear c&c on the film making, what would you have done differently?

I saw it and I thought it was pretty good. I would have just paid closer attention to the smaller details. Besides that, it was really good.

Yeah, We did the scene of him picking up the pitch fork just as everyone was leaving and didn't realize he had put his watch back on untill we were chopping the film up, by then it was too late, could of left it out but with the hand full of other mistakes it the film I decided no one would see it ;)

Well at least I wont have to worry about what my Zombies are wearing on Monday, decided to go for something modern!

Back