• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Dumbledore's Army: Revolution

Greetings People of IndieTalk.
This is part one of my series of Parodies based on Harry Potter, its a slightly different take on the Parody genre - in a way - a continuation of the story from a new point of view, different characters and a different time, 2023 to be more specific.

Me and my crew worked hard on this and there are flaws that I admit to, but I'd still love to have feedback. I hope that if you like it then you share it, since we really need more viewers. If you don't like it at least tell us why.

http://bit.ly/yq7Xiu

I think it is visually pretty darn decent! The effects were good too.

I understand the difficulty in getting good sound in many of those shots, but the tinny sound really let down the rest of your effort in this clip. Put some work into better sound and it will be a tremendous improvement.

The sound was an issue, i agree. We recently got a rode video-mic to increase the quality of our sound, but we got it like the day before filming so didnt have much time to test it and get used to it. Im now better with it so the next film we make will improve on the sound quality.

First off, I want to say it's awesome that you're trying to keep the HP movement alive. And it looks like you are probably pretty young.

There are some problems I saw with story and editing.

STORY
-how are muggles going to stand a chance against the wizarding world?
-if they can apperate, why didn't they just apperate away from Malfoy? or that third wizard apperate into the room?
-how could muggles have killed Harry Potter if Voldemort could not?!

EDITING
-there are some jump cuts that are jarring (such as at 4:40)
-the effects are pretty good, especially for what I think your age is
-your sound needs to be tampered with and mixed a little more
-the fight sequence with the "officers" of the law could be cut quicker/sped up a little to make it more believable.

SHOTS
-your shots are pretty good, there are some where the focus is off.
-some of your handheld shots work, but some feel too jerky/uncontrolled
-I would have liked a crowd shot in the beginning with the prime minister, I wasn't exactly sold that he was talking to a crowd.

AUDIO
-try to get your mic as close to the actors as possible to eliminate noise, and reverb (a slight echo)

It was fun. Your effects were pretty good, keep working on it and filming. watch good movies and then watch your stuff and notice whats different. that will help a lot.

First off, I want to say it's awesome that you're trying to keep the HP movement alive. And it looks like you are probably pretty young.

There are some problems I saw with story and editing.

STORY
-how are muggles going to stand a chance against the wizarding world?
-if they can apperate, why didn't they just apperate away from Malfoy? or that third wizard apperate into the room?
-how could muggles have killed Harry Potter if Voldemort could not?!

EDITING
-there are some jump cuts that are jarring (such as at 4:40)
-the effects are pretty good, especially for what I think your age is
-your sound needs to be tampered with and mixed a little more
-the fight sequence with the "officers" of the law could be cut quicker/sped up a little to make it more believable.

SHOTS
-your shots are pretty good, there are some where the focus is off.
-some of your handheld shots work, but some feel too jerky/uncontrolled
-I would have liked a crowd shot in the beginning with the prime minister, I wasn't exactly sold that he was talking to a crowd.

AUDIO
-try to get your mic as close to the actors as possible to eliminate noise, and reverb (a slight echo)

It was fun. Your effects were pretty good, keep working on it and filming. watch good movies and then watch your stuff and notice whats different. that will help a lot.
Thanks for the feedback, I'll definitely will be working on these things for the future.

Back