• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch A slight mind-bender

I'm pretty proud of how this turned out, but I want your guys' opinion. It's by far our most professional short yet, probably tied with The Widowers Resolve. There's one small sound issue I completely missed until it was too late, but aside from that, I'm very pleased with it.

So anyway, what do you guys think?

http://youtu.be/FhYUimVrKQE

I did not understand it. Why does it loop like that? I can assume it would continue to do so again?

Also, the shallow DoF gets quite extreme at times. Weirdly so.

Can you talk about it a bit? :)

Yes, it's made to loop infinitely. It's an intentional paradox. Perhaps when one eventually cracks the combo, that would break the cycle and release them(?). Perhaps. I made it with the intent of leaving the viewer thinking, but with enough information to realize that it loops and that something very critical lies in the safe, but that the loop will just keep going until or if one uses the right highlighted number combination and opens it. But the odds are bleak.

The man can't kill the other him and leave a trace, otherwise it will be a tip-off to the next, which is why the gun disintegrates the other.

It also can be spun as a metaphor of social almost-anything, if you like. :) That said, it honestly was not the intent of the film, but just a happy accident.

I dunno if that helps at all, but...

Where does the DoF weird you out?

Back