• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Mock 80's Mexican Action Short Film! Please watch!

Hi Forum. I'm 23 years of age from California. Got together with my cousin with whom I share a love for 80's action films and bad action films in general and made an extended trailer for a fictional Spanish movie star from the 1980's. Shot in four days for $1,200. Hope you find it entertaining. Leave a comment if you'd like. It would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WURum3WL168&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

Respond with your films and I will happily watch and comment!

Cheers.

Last edited:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WURum3WL168

This is freakin hilarious hahaha. Very nice. All original footage or is there some stock in there or?

Thanks for the comments man! There's a decent number of stock footage, mostly in the beginning introduction to Mexico. Also the sex scene is from an old Spanish film. Luckily the actors in that looked like our actors ha. Pass it on to friends if you'd like!

Dude that was awesome!!! Every possible 80's cliche was present and the over the top acting and costumes were incredible. I'm laughing so fucking hard right now...

Thanks Joey! Hopefully enough people enjoy this that we can get some "real" funding. I got a few other little action comedy shorts (check on that youtube account for 'Sex: Double Penetration') haha. But I got tons of ideas for action comedies, was hoping to get a few together and pitch a 30 min show comprised of mock trailers and action/comedy serials to a few networks in the next year. But who really knows what will happen. Spread the word if you like, that would be greatly appreciated!

I love bad 80s movies, and this was a good pastiche. Really professionally put together especially on such a small budget. Music was awesome. Only criticism I'd have of the production quality is that the CG elements stood out as not-very-convincingly-80s.

The trouble with pastiche is that these things are generally funnier when they don't know that they're funny if you know what I mean - I felt the same about Machete, it kind of ticked all the boxes but was too self-knowing.

The only time it really works is when you either do it so convincingly that you can't tell whether it knows its funny or not, or push it way further than the source material ever went - eg the bit in Machete where he abseils out the hospital window on the guys intestines was pretty funny because I wasn't prepared for it. And Planet Terror was generally more successful because, well, because it had a girl with a giant gun for a leg.

Equally, Danger 5 is a lot more nuts than the things that its pastiching and works pretty well (although they did steal my ideas a bit)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z09bNgSeMI

So in Arma Perfecta the things that worked best for me were the action sequences that were just patently ridiculous - eg him standing on the flaming truck as it drove along.

Some of the dialog was pretty funny too "If looks could kill, you'd cause a massacre" - but the dick / gay jokes wore thin pretty quickly.

Felt like it could have been at least a couple of minutes shorter and not really lost anything. It was done in the style of a trailer but was much longer than a normal theatrical trailer.

Don't get me wrong - overall I enjoyed it, just trying to offer some constructive criticism!

Last edited:
Bravo good sir! Bravo! I love anything to do with the 80's and for me, at 2am...well its pretty epic.

You have got to start a "kickstart" for the full feature.
I would def donate some dinero.

You get some dinero off me for this too. Sharing it on FB and Twitter for you as I type :cool:

It's just the trailer, right? You don't intend of pushing the entire production through?

That was hilarious, btw. I lost it when Sergio manages to tug that wheel off the parked big-rig. :lol:

Thanks for all the comments guys! And to Dan - Totally agree with what you said. We didn't put as much time into the dialogue as we should. And we didn't have an FX guy so it came down to me learning After Effects stuff. Will check out the film you posted.

BigChonies one thing I did not say before but thought after watching your trailer is that it is not a trailer but a short film. I guess you consider it a short film now but I thought you said it was a trailer before. Sorry if I am remembering incorrectly. It makes a good short film for sure. Was this really supposed to be a trailer for a future film your making or just a fake trailer which really is a short film?

Last edited:
Good observation. Too me it's more of a short film. I am actually trying to pitch a 30-minute show to networks in the next year. Basically a show packed with mock trailers (three minute ones, not bloated seven minute ones) skits and serials based on Spanish Inspectors, American Detectives, Nerdy High School Kids, an All Gay Platoon of Soldiers ect...

So really this was just a sampler of what this particular Character/Serial (Sergio) is all about. If that makes any sense.

Back