Short Doc Film Fests

Morning!

I've never gone through the film fest process other than when I worked for a festival in college. I've never had to scour for the right festivals and have been intimidated by the costs.

I don't have much to spend, but I have a documentary short I'm very proud of that I'd like to try and submit into some festivals.

The documentary covers Cleveland's public transit system, its history and how advances in their system have rejuvenated the city. It's a little under 5 minutes long.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Joe

Trying to decide on the right film festival can be very daunting and can quickly become very expensive. My advice is look at festival websites and see what type of festival it is and if your short doc would be a good fit. Not to toot our own horn but we love short docs. And could probably give you a hand full of other festivals that like them as well but its all up to you.

Check out withoutabox.com and see what festivals have deadlines coming up and are in your price range. Then check out their websites to see if its even worth your money.

Best of luck!

I bet Cleveland's got more than one film fest that would love a documentary focused on their own city.

Have you tried getting interviewed by local new stations & pbs? Free local publicity!

Back